Just off Bliss

Nola37

Just got off the Bliss today. Was worried because of some resent negative reviews of this ship but I can’t say I had any of the same issues. I thoroughly enjoyed my week on the Bliss and would definitely book again. Will be happy to answer any questions that I can about the Bliss or any issues mentioned by earlier cruisers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi there! We are sailing on the Bliss out of Miami in January. I am wondering what time the ship actually allows you to disembark. 

We are scheduled on a 9 a.m. flight out of Miami and I wondering what the odds are that we will be able to make it.

any info you can provide is appreciated!

thank you,

mary

4 hours ago, Mfn0123 said:

Hi there! We are sailing on the Bliss out of Miami in January. I am wondering what time the ship actually allows you to disembark. 

We are scheduled on a 9 a.m. flight out of Miami and I wondering what the odds are that we will be able to make it.

thank you,

mary

I recently made a 10:00, but 9:00 would be really pushing it... I would strongly suggest not booking the 9:00 flight...

• Like 1

I'm sailing on the Bliss in February and glad to hear you had a good time and would sail her again. A lot of the "negative" reviews I see are the same sorts of complaints you would see for any of the NCL megaships (crowded elevators with long wait times, having to make reservations in the specialty restaurants and for shows, etc.). Since I have sailed on the Escape a couple of times already, I am alredy familiar with those issues and they don't bother me the way they do some people.

I'd be curious to know what you thought of the venues and shows unique to the Bliss.

9 hours ago, Mfn0123 said:

Hi there! We are sailing on the Bliss out of Miami in January. I am wondering what time the ship actually allows you to disembark. We are scheduled on a 9 a.m. flight out of Miami and I wondering what the odds are that we will be able to make it.

thank you,

mary

9:00 is tight. But plan to do self walk off with all of your luggage and be in line early (6:00) for a 7:00 start of self walk off. We have made it to MIA as early as 7:45 on other NCL megaships.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I'm sailing on the Bliss in February and glad to hear you had a good time and would sail her again. A lot of the "negative" reviews I see are the same sorts of complaints you would see for any of the NCL megaships (crowded elevators with long wait times, having to make reservations in the specialty restaurants and for shows, etc.). Since I have sailed on the Escape a couple of times already, I am alredy familiar with those issues and they don't bother me the way they do some people.

I'd be curious to know what you thought of the venues and shows unique to the Bliss.

The layout of the ship is almost identical to the Escape with a few things having a different name. Like the 5 o’clock bar is now the cavern club. There is more seating on the waterfront than on the escape and I never had a problem finding space out there when I went out. Saw Havana and enjoyed it to my surprise because musicals are not my cup of tea but it was entertaining and not very long. About 50 minutes. Don saw Jersey Boys and liked it a lot. Hated the go karts. Would be a lot better if they didn’t allow young kids and the people on it actually wanted to race. Too easy to get stuck behind slow people. Wouldn’t do it again unless I did it with people I know wanted to race. Didn’t do laser tag but my kid did and he wasn’t too impressed. He actually skipped his last reservation. 

2 hours ago, Nola37 said:

The layout of the ship is almost identical to the Escape with a few things having a different name. Like the 5 o’clock bar is now the cavern club. There is more seating on the waterfront than on the escape and I never had a problem finding space out there when I went out. Saw Havana and enjoyed it to my surprise because musicals are not my cup of tea but it was entertaining and not very long. About 50 minutes. Don saw Jersey Boys and liked it a lot. Hated the go karts. Would be a lot better if they didn’t allow young kids and the people on it actually wanted to race. Too easy to get stuck behind slow people. Wouldn’t do it again unless I did it with people I know wanted to race. Didn’t do laser tag but my kid did and he wasn’t too impressed. He actually skipped his last reservation. 

Thanks for the extra info. We have reservations for Jersey Boys, but not Hanana. Maybe I should remedy that! I am excited about the Cavern Club, as I am a big Beatles fan. Is i hard to get in?

Sad to hear about go karts and lasertag as well, we were both looking forward to those. Might still give them a try.

Edited by JamieLogical

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

Thanks for the extra info. We have reservations for Jersey Boys, but not Hanana. Maybe I should remedy that! I am excited about the Cavern Club, as I am a big Beatles fan. Is i hard to get in?

Sad to hear about go karts and lasertag as well, we were both looking forward to those. Might still give them a try.

I’d still give them a try just for the experience and you may luck up and get a good group. I didn’t go into the cavern club so I really couldn’t tell you. From what I hear Jersey Boys was good. 

20 hours ago, Mfn0123 said:

Best of luck making that flight.  If anything goes wrong that morning, you will not make it and be stuck paying more to make a change to a later flight. There are many that don't book flights before 12 Noon and there are some that roll the dice and routinely make 10:00 am flights.  Once again, good luck.