Verandas and Carpets and Cavemen, Oh My!

Folks, I've been critical peeping into what Celebrity has to offer for awhile now. Maybe I just have the benefit of this all being new so I'm not attached to the old styles. The newest ship design looks good - nice and upscale from the photos. Alot of the the reviews and live threads are coming in positive. Seems like a kneejerk reaction to dismiss it so quickly just because it's different.

1. So some folks are not into the new verandas. I can see that there are other rooms available, plus cruises into more winter climates it might be a benefit to have your room closed off to stormy and freezing weather anyways.

2. The Magic Carpet could be fun.  What would everyone do on that side of the ship if it wasn't there anyways?  It is too open - but the verandas are too closed off... Celebrity can't win.

3. Someone said that the Eden restaurant was full of Fairies and Cavemen. It's hard to tell without being there - but Cindy and I would at least give it a try. There's probably more than meets the eye to the mythos to it all that folks aren't going to understand or feel by just passing through.

Here's the skinny: give it time. Disneyland opened with lots of problems and complaints, but it's still there now.

Edited by Doug & Cindy Scrap Hunter
typo

5 minutes ago, Doug & Cindy Scrap Hunter said:

The ship looks good - nice and upscale from the photos. Alot of the the reviews and live threads are coming in positive. 

I assume you are talking about EDGE,  but no where do you mention the name of the ship!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Doug & Cindy Scrap Hunter said:

Folks, I've been critical peeping into what Celebrity has to offer for awhile now. Maybe I just have the benefit of this all being new so I'm not attached to the old styles. The newest ship design looks good - nice and upscale from the photos. Alot of the the reviews and live threads are coming in positive. Seems like a kneejerk reaction to dismiss it so quickly just because it's different.

1. So some folks are not into the new verandas. I can see that there are other rooms available, plus cruises into more winter climates it might be a benefit to have your room closed off to stormy and freezing weather anyways.

2. The Magic Carpet could be fun.  What would everyone do on that side of the ship if it wasn't there anyways?  It is too open - but the verandas are too closed off... Celebrity can't win.

3. Someone said that the Eden restaurant was full of Fairies and Cavemen. It's hard to tell without being there - but Cindy and I would at least give it a try. There's probably more than meets the eye to the mythos to it all that folks aren't going to understand or feel by just passing through.

Here's the skinny: give it time. Disneyland opened with lots of problems and complaints, but it's still there now.

Funny thing about design. Just because it looks good doesn't mean it's good design.

• Like 2

Yep, I'm negative about 80% of the balcony's  being converted to a window opening.   My two cruises on an M Class have been in an aft FV and my cruises on the S class have always been the 1A first off the hump.  We like large balconies.  We don't cruise in cold weather.  I like lots about Edge and would have liked to give her a shot but with her being exceptionally overpriced (IMO) and the lack of an actual balcony without paying for a suite or an aft (which are about to skyrocket) I'll sail on another ship. 

I think we should be vocal about the new direction, hopefully it keeps their greedy  hands off too many changes to the rest of the fleet.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Doug & Cindy Scrap Hunter said:

Nope, theme parks are not a guarantee of success.

Quantum Class and Dynamic Dining were not successful, also introduced by RCI.

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 3.54.32 PM.png