meet & mingel info needed

MooNGaTe27

55 minutes ago, MooNGaTe27 said:

We are going on the Sunshine Nov 2 2019. We have a large party of 60 people ,but its only a 5 day cruise. Does Carnival still give us a party if we have more that 25 people 

Carnival does not automatically give a group a Meet & Mingle party. Go here for further information:    https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1126/kw/Meet Mingle party/session/L3RpbWUvMTU0NTA3NDg4NS9zaWQvZlUzcTIxR1ozcTZCUHEydFFoTWJBX2hfZGxybFJsUW1DZkhhQnhDZGV2aUQ3WFA1TkpMRnh6T0FnNzglN0VpdG4wSDJFUW5NejhHalp2dkZwUnNPZzhzdGZsQnY2NFZCbFRjcDR6MGRpOVh3V2F4MUduU3FycmZyMEElMjElMjE%3D

5 hours ago, MooNGaTe27 said:

We are going on the Sunshine Nov 2 2019. We have a large party of 60 people ,but its only a 5 day cruise. Does Carnival still give us a party if we have more that 25 people 

I "think" CCL only sets up an M&M on 7 day cruises!    It may have changed, but I would handle the arrangements myself and not depend on CCL on a 5 day cruise.   

Since you have 60 people, you can probably get a lounge, and free soft drinks/snacks, but don't expect much more!  To get free or reduced priced drinks, you have to pay when setting up the party!

Edited by jwjax

5 hours ago, MooNGaTe27 said:

Hi

Carnival won't set up a M&G for your group because of the length of the cruise, but it doesn't mean you can't ask the people on your roll call if they would be interested in getting together informally. 

If you have read the "sticky" regarding the Carnival arranged meets, you might notice that over the years that they have been making the arrangements, the outcome has been hit or miss. Often enough there has been a miscommunication between the ship and the group or the people who have signed up just don't show up. While you say you are having a "large party of 60", is this on your roll call? It has happened that roll calls that have had that many people signed up, ended up with only a handful.  If you are saying that you are travelling with 60 people who would like to get together while on the cruise, then you would just need to get in touch with Carnival and ask them to make avenue available. If you don't get help directly with Carnival, then you could reach out to John Heald. He would be able to help with this.

1 hour ago, MooNGaTe27 said:

thanks for the info .There are 60 people that we are traveling with ,if I set something up with Carnival  do you think they will give us free snacks?

Hi

Yes. For a group that size they will more than likely be able to set something up for you. I would definitely contact John Heald (on FB). Just explain the situation, (event, celebration, whatever), give him all the details about the cruise the number of people etc...and ask him to help you. He is very good for things like that. 

Just thought I would add...the "snacks" aren't free, you have already paid for food and drinks as part of the cruise. What they would be doing for you is arranging a private area where you can get together. While it is nice if they can do anything extra for you guys, it would also be better for them to make this sort of arrangement rather than you basically taking over another public venue with your group. 

have a great cruise

Edited by Nic6318

2 hours ago, MooNGaTe27 said:

thanks for the info .There are 60 people that we are traveling with ,if I set something up with Carnival  do you think they will give us free snacks?

For a large group like yours, I would call CCL.   They will probably offer a group rate for a room/gathering etc. 

Don't expect much more unless you contact the Entertainment Dept.   You can setup parties, special events, etc with them.