Traveling with a baby, what to do in port?

sagloire

• 1 month later...

PLEASE...do NOT travel on a cruise with such a small child. The baby won't remember, or enjoy it. You won't be able to enjoy it as you should for this kind of a vacation, as well as making it miserable for other travelers. If you don't have someone you can leave the baby with for 7 days, pick a different vacation, or wait until the child is much, much older.

• 4 months later...
On 2/23/2019 at 2:04 PM, Seagull7 said:

PLEASE...do NOT travel on a cruise with such a small child. The baby won't remember, or enjoy it. You won't be able to enjoy it as you should for this kind of a vacation, as well as making it miserable for other travelers. If you don't have someone you can leave the baby with for 7 days, pick a different vacation, or wait until the child is much, much older.

I realize this post is very old and the OP has likely cruised by now... but I saw this and just had to say something.

I took my 10mo daughter on a cruise last year and it was so much fun!  We took her to Stingray City and had a blast.

OF COURSE the baby won't remember it, or care about it.  But the parents will remember and enjoy it.  Yes it will have its challenges but everyone will have a great time.  If fellow cruisers will be "miserable" in the presence of a child, then maybe they're the ones who shouldn't be cruising.  The only thing that has put a damper on my vacation was listening to people whine and complain about nonsense throughout the cruise.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just came across this as our upcoming cruise goes to Grand Cayman.  But, wanted to weigh in that our first visit we did a catamaran trip to stingray city with an 11 month old. He slept in his stroller below deck almost the whole time (while wearing a life vest). The adults all took a turn staying on board with him (there were 4 of us) at the sting ray and snorkel stops.  If he had not slept our plan was for someone to take turns holding him in the water when we could stand and either sit onboard or use his inflatable baby float at deeper snorkel stops.  My kids are a little older now but a cruise is still a great vacation with a baby.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2019 at 6:49 PM, PumpkinPatches said:

I realize this post is very old and the OP has likely cruised by now... but I saw this and just had to say something.

I took my 10mo daughter on a cruise last year and it was so much fun!  We took her to Stingray City and had a blast.

OF COURSE the baby won't remember it, or care about it.  But the parents will remember and enjoy it.  Yes it will have its challenges but everyone will have a great time.  If fellow cruisers will be "miserable" in the presence of a child, then maybe they're the ones who shouldn't be cruising.  The only thing that has put a damper on my vacation was listening to people whine and complain about nonsense throughout the cruise.

Did you just carry the baby into the water ? Were swim aids allowed?

On 2/23/2019 at 3:04 PM, Seagull7 said:

Yep,realize old post,but I too had to say something....

Really!! The response don’t take a small child.

I say do take.  Our child’s first plane ride was at six weeks old and his first international trip at eight weeks and so many more after that. He’s now a grown adult and I don’t regret any traveling with him at any age.

Julie

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:25 PM, arizonaperson said:

Yep,realize old post,but I too had to say something....

Really!! The response don’t take a small child.

I say do take.  Our child’s first plane ride was at six weeks old and his first international trip at eight weeks and so many more after that. He’s now a grown adult and I don’t regret any traveling with him at any age.

Julie

I, too, am baffled by that post (and a little sad).  We've been cruising with our kids since they were very young.  A vacation is about what you make of it - ultimately it's family time together and will be enjoyable if you allow yourself to be.  I hope the OP had a great time on their cruise and look forward to many more with their young family.