New Princess Bar Menus

CanadianBurger

2 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Those who compare to a grocery store or retail site will be disappointed.  Compare to a night club or resort ....

It looks good to those who are not drinking from a grocery store.....

Or a restaurant. For me, 2-3X retail is fair. 4-5x, which is often the markup on the less expensive wines, is highway robbery.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

You should give an NCL ship that has The District Brewhouse on it. They have some excellent beers like Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA as well as many others but no Pliny the Younger or Elder.

P&O UK are probably best for beer. They have 24 bottled Real Ales/Craft beers plus a couple on tap. 

• Like 1

We just sailed the Crown Princess in November.  Our first time sailing Princess in 8 years.  Easily the worst and most inconsistent drinks of any cruise line we've sailed.  (Celebrity, Holland, Royal, Disney and Norwegian)  The Old Fashioned is my litmus test and that was awful.  The other mixed drinks we had over the 10 days were marginal.  Most disappointing part of the cruise honestly, but at least it was just the drinks.  

There should be a larger wine list. This I’m guessing is just the bar list. Vines will have many more as will the dining rooms. You can buy your wine anywhere and then have it moved to your new location. 

The mixed drink prices are now less than many of the restaurants I’ve been to lately. You also need to pay attention to the brand name of the liquor. Such as Patron vs Jose quervo. 

As for wines go the prices are in line considering they have to move them onto a ship and then store them correctly while on board. That being said you get to bring one bottle of wine on board per adult 21 YO or older. 4 people in a room is 4 bottles of wine. You can also bring extra wine on board and pay a $15 corkage fee per extra bottle. Depending on your wine tastes you could end up only paying $18 for a bottle of wine. LOL. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lynscratch said:

The mocktail options don’t do much for me.....can one still request other mocktails not on the list? (Ie basic virgin strawberry daiquiri, pina colada....etc)....

Yes, just request it with no alcohol. 

I do it often for daiquiri's, bloody mary's, and pina colada's (banana colada's!).

nana

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/26/2018 at 10:44 AM, jeph said:

I also noticed that a longtime family favorite, Lillet, a vermouth infused with a bit of orange flavor, is listed as an ingredient in one cocktail...I certainly hope they'd be willing to just make me a Lillet on the rocks with a twist of orange peel if I ask. 

I, too, was pleasantly surprised to see this!!!

2 minutes ago, finnkle said:

I havent been on a Princess cruise in years but I recall there being bucket of beer specials. Is that still a thing? I am on the Regal in 2 months. 

Yes, it’s still available. Usually 5 beers for the price of 4, though not all varieties of beer are available for the offer. It is also not available as part of the beverage package. 

• Like 1