Confused on Bid/Upgrade process

Gampy1967

On 1/4/2019 at 3:32 AM, zqvol said:

You really can't tell what is sold out for bidding purposes. What if people in that category bid for a higher category and get mved up. Voila! Cabin is open. If nothing opens then no bids are accepted.

I agree but in this case it should be interesting to know what the people in the Garden Villa should be moved up to!

14 hours ago, stampincrazyinTX said:

Mine finally worked too!  Good luck! 🚢

Thank you! You too! I supposed, if a bid is accepted, then they send you new documents to print with the new room information on them?

3 hours ago, Smokey596 said:

Thank you! You too! I supposed, if a bid is accepted, then they send you new documents to print with the new room information on them?

They don't send them to you but you can download new ones from the My NCL site.

3 hours ago, Smokey596 said:

You get notified that your bid was accepted. That’s your queue for you to go to your MyNCL account to get a new set of edocs and luggage tags. Bids can be accepted up to 2 days prior to cruise. 

3 minutes ago, holdon216 said:

When bidding on a upgrade i assume there is no way to know where that upgraded cabin/suite would be located on the ship? If that is the case you could potentially go from a great location to a nicer room but in a NOT so nice location??

Yep, that is one of the risks. You don't get an opportunity to "turn down" your upgrade once it is processed. As soon as it is awarded, your credit card is charged and your new room is assigned.

I just encountered the same thing, I bid for a Haven room and a mini spa suite, but the Haven appears sold out. Really hoping to get the Haven and that we luck out with people moving to different cabins or cancelling, but it seems unlikely. Bit of a disappointment!

I know they say if the bid is accepted they will let us know at least two days before sailing. But is that the average time to hear back? Could it be sooner? I understand it has to do with what rooms they are currently selling and if they want to free up some, but I just wondered when do most people hear back about their bid?

57 minutes ago, Smokey596 said:

I know they say if the bid is accepted they will let us know at least two days before sailing. But is that the average time to hear back? Could it be sooner? I understand it has to do with what rooms they are currently selling and if they want to free up some, but I just wondered when do most people hear back about their bid?

Usually people are notified within 3-5 days of sailing. Some here as far out as 60 days (very rare) and some don't hear until the very last minute (48 hours prior to sailing). But it is most commonly in that 3-5 day range. Usually, when people hear sooner than that speculation is it is due to one of these factors:

1. Their bid is very high and triggers some sort of "auto accept" function in the system.
  2. The pricing for the sailing is about to drop so they "lock in" higher bids prior to dropping the price.
  3. The sailing sells out and they process upgrades just to shuffle the final rooms.
  • Like 1