Internet restrictions on Caribbean princess

Letacraig

1. How is the internet service  at sea? Speed , etc. 

2. Are there restrictions on the amount of devices that can be connected for the 9.99 price per day?

3. Is there a limit on data download limits?

I tried to find terms and conditions on the website but have so far failed , so therefore the questions. 

Thank you

4 hours ago, Letacraig said:

1. How is the internet service  at sea? Speed , etc. 

2. Are there restrictions on the amount of devices that can be connected for the 9.99 price per day?

3. Is there a limit on data download limits?

I tried to find terms and conditions on the website but have so far failed , so therefore the questions. 

Thank you

Lightning fast

I believe $9.99 per day is for one device. You can log out and use another but only one at a time.

If you want more devices than it is an additional cost.

I left mine on 24/7 and didn't have any issues.

While it is fast, it compares to a midscale hotel chain's internet service (good, but nothing to match what you would typically have at home) There are times where there is some lag in service.   

But.. unless you are trying to connect to a VPN and stream movies it is more than adequate for the average person.   

As Colo Cruiser says, one device at a time (you have to sign into your account, enable the internet and then physically sign out for someone else to use it).   

I have a 15 night cruise coming up, and we are just getting the $99 package for the full cruise.

15 minutes ago, Letacraig said:

Thank you for the insight. Just trying to keep in touch with the home. No streaming and maybe the my radar. Greatest app for weather going. 

I've posted this before but since you ask......this was done in our very far aft Caribe cabin on the 11/25/18 CB sailing. While not always this fast, it never failed us anywhere on the boat. 

We bought one package (one device) for my wife at the $99 pre cruise price and one package (second device) for me at the same $99 price. Best $200 I've spent in a long time. Prices may have gone up since then but you will save $20 per package or so off whatever is current if you sign up pre-cruise. You'll pay the regular rate if you wait until you are on the boat. 

Somewhere in their internet literature, they speak to being able to throttle down an account if they believe the use is excessive. Never heard of that happening. Certainly didn't to us but we weren't streaming UHD 4K movies either. 

image.thumb.png.ae1b32d158c11d3ebece920dac81bb83.png

1 hour ago, Valiamo said:

While it is fast, it compares to a midscale hotel chain's internet service (good, but nothing to match what you would typically have at home) There are times where there is some lag in service.   

But.. unless you are trying to connect to a VPN and stream movies it is more than adequate for the average person.   

As Colo Cruiser says, one device at a time (you have to sign into your account, enable the internet and then physically sign out for someone else to use it).   

I have a 15 night cruise coming up, and we are just getting the $99 package for the full cruise.

Not sure if you have sailed the CB since Medalionnet was implemented but I would never compare it to any hotel and its as good as our home internet. I was pretty impressed.

Had the same experience on the Regal in Nov too.

13 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Not sure if you have sailed the CB since Medalionnet was implemented but I would never compare it to any hotel and its as good as our home internet. I was pretty impressed.

Had the same experience on the Regal in Nov too.

Thanks for the update!

Was on the CB in early 2017, before they installed the new service.  So glad to hear that it has much improved!   

Our next Princess cruise is on the Emerald and we are hoping that they still honour the $99 deal we have already purchased (some have reported that they have purchased the deal, only to have it taken away :classic_ohmy: as not available).   Such a good price that we got two packages, for the 15 nights,  even tho we get our platinum minutes included.

13 minutes ago, Valiamo said:

Thanks for the update!

Was on the CB in early 2017, before they installed the new service.  So glad to hear that it has much improved!   

Our next Princess cruise is on the Emerald and we are hoping that they still honour the $99 deal we have already purchased (some have reported that they have purchased the deal, only to have it taken away :classic_ohmy: as not available).   Such a good price that we got two packages, for the 15 nights,  even tho we get our platinum minutes included.

Not sure when you are cruising the Emerald but if they don’t have the new system it could be very frustrating on the old system as you mentioned. Not sure when and if they get the Emerald updated. Based on the slooow progress of the CB and Regal installation it could be a long time.

6 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Not sure when you are cruising the Emerald but if they don’t have the new system it could be very frustrating on the old system as you mentioned. Not sure when and if they get the Emerald updated. Based on the slooow progress of the CB and Regal installation it could be a long time.

One could hope that future implementations will be quicker now that they have experience with the first two.  Now we will find out. 

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the CB in November and the only offer is $99 before the cruise for one device at a time unlimited use and $9.99/day while onboard for the same service.  Even though the service would slow down during peak times, it was always fast compared to what I have at home.  On a 14 day cruise I managed to only use the minutes afforded for being elite.  I did inquire as to what I could do if I used up my free minutes and was told I could then pay the $9.99/day.  I really try not to spend a lot of time online while on a cruise.