Freedom Class Aft - deck 7 or deck 10

FrannyK

Hello All,  Looking at some upcoming cruises on Freedom class ships and there are some aft cabins available on decks 7 and 10.  We have stayed in aft cabins on deck 7 and really loved the location.  The superstructure didn't bother us at all.  I know deck 10 would have a bit better view though.  My questions are:  Is the deck size smaller/larger on deck 10 versus 7?  Is there more or less shade on deck 10 versus 7?  How about the privacy -  can anyone look down on deck 10?  Is the Windjammer a noise problem?  Thank you all aft lovers 🙂

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Deck 7 corner balconies are the largest on the entire ship including suites.

We've had cabin 7708 before and it was amazing!  But, if I reserve a junior suite this time I will get double cruise points and become diamond so that is my incentive right now.  It's been a long time coming...LOL

I would take JS on deck 10 then facing the wake.  There are only 2 of them. It's pretty private from the windjammer as long as you are not  leaning against the rail............You won't hear anything from above either because the windjammer as wall to wall carpeting above................Only way you would hear something is if someone would jump off a table onto the floor above your cabin

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2304517-junior-suite-1706-liberty-of-the-seas/?tab=comments#comment-49508827

Edited by Jimbo

4 minutes ago, FrannyK said:

People who have stayed on deck 10 aft have mentioned they can see down into the lower balconies.  This makes me wonder if deck 10 balconies are smaller than the balconies below?

The balconies are terraced a bit, so the deck 10 balcony starts more forward than the balconies below.

5 minutes ago, FrannyK said:

People who have stayed on deck 10 aft have mentioned they can see down into the lower balconies.  This makes me wonder if deck 10 balconies are smaller than the balconies below?

Why do you care ?  Only JS's facing the wake are on deck 10 and deck 7.

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Why do you care ?  Only JS's facing the wake are on deck 10 and deck 7.

Exactly.  So will reserve whichever deck has larger balcony since we are balcony dwellers.  Hence the question regarding the terracing.  Simply asking if the balcony sizes are equal.

13 minutes ago, FrannyK said:

Exactly.  So will reserve whichever deck has larger balcony since we are balcony dwellers.  Hence the question regarding the terracing.  Simply asking if the balcony sizes are equal.

Do you like sun? if so you will get NO SUN on those middle aft JS's on deck 7.. it's like being in a tunnel............Trust me go for deck 10.

How many persons in the cabin?

Edited by Jimbo

17 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Do you like sun? if so you will get NO SUN on those middle aft JS's on deck 7..like being in a tunnel............Trust me go for deck 10.

How many persons in the cabin?

Love sun but unfortunately sun does not like us.  One of the reasons we loved both JS's on deck 7.  Didn't feel like a tunnel though.  Also loved 7708 which was super shaded.  I've read deck 10 is also shaded by the Windjammer hanging overhead.  Just the two of us this cruise.

Edited by FrannyK

5 minutes ago, FrannyK said:

,,,  I've read deck 10 is also shaded by the Windjammer hanging overhead.  Just the two of us this cruise.

Yes, but not totally shaded.  The very aft portion gets some sun.

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 8:18 PM, Jimbo said:

Deck 7 corner balconies are the largest on the entire ship including suites.

We had 7708 on our Christmas Freedom cruise.  Huge balcony.  4 chairs, 2 loungers  and a table. Some sun but always had some shade.