help last min Explorer booking and no time to research stuff

Please help me out if you can Just booked a back to back on the Explorer. I have had to book an inside for the 1st time (all that was left) is there ever any chance of upgrading at check in at the ship?

Now for the main help I need.  I am in recovery from Leukemia (just got the docs go ahead to book so going for it before changing my mind - as very nervous lol).  I will not be able to keep the pace up of 14 early starts and all day trips.  I normally spend months researching every minute detail but in this case I have almost no time to do this.  If I list the ports below can anyone chip in to which ports are must do trips and which have nice harbors or near by areas which we could do at leisure for a few hrs.

We are hoping to do a death in Paradise tour in Guadeloupe (but cant get on line to book in advance so hopefully will still be available on the ship) And plan to stay on the ship  and chill in st Kitts as been there previously.

If anyone has done a TUI trip that was great then please let me know that too. Thank you so much for any help as this trip means so much to my husband and I.

Sun
Bridgetown - BARBADOS

20:00
Mon
At Sea

Tue
St John's - ANTIGUA
08:00
18:00
Wed
Philipsburg - ST. MAARTEN
Thu
Road Town - BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS
Fri
Basseterre - ST. KITTS
Sat
Bequia* - ST. VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES

Sun
Bridgetown - BARBADOS

20:00
Mon
St. George's - GRENADA
Tue
Kingstown - ST. VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES
Wed
Fort de France - MARTINQUE
Thu
Roseau - DOMINICA
Fri
Pointe a Pitre - GUADELOUPE
Sat
Castries - ST. LUCIA
Sun
Bridgetown - BARBADOS
07:00

Bridgetown

So pleased you are able to take this trip, hope your recovery goes well.... all the ports have taxis that will take you on trips of varying lengths so you could wait and see how you feel in the day.

Antigua   try to see Nelson's dockyard and Englishmans harbour

Road Town   there us a bus at the port which goes to Cane Garden beach, a lovely restful day

Bequia is a tender. This place is tiny so once you get off the tender walk to the right until you get to the beach, alternatively there are little boats to take you to the beach. There are a few bars and stalls, it's just like going back in time. Its gorgeous 

Barbados, you can take a taxi into the town or to the beach. Harbour Lights on the beach is good with changing rooms and a bar etc.

Grenada, we like the trip into the rain forest but if this is too much for you there is a large market in St George's which we like to wander round. Lots of spices on sale

Martinique, there is a pleasant town to wander round or to the right of the ship there are small boats to take you to the islands. They feel just like you are in the south of France. Don't forget they use Euros on Martinique and Guadeloupe 

Dominica, haven't been since the hurricane devastation but this island is very poor. The people are very friendly, worth a trip up to the waterfalls. We loved Dominica 

St. Lucia is beautiful and if you want to fo a tour I can recommend Cosol tours. If you want a nice beach close by the port there is Vigie beach which is quick to get to by taxi. Just ask them to drop you at the boardwalk as there is a bar there and sunbeds.

Hope you have a fabulous trip!

just my 10p worth, these Islands are not that large and the ports are lovely but most trips don't last more than half a day. Book all the excursions for every day and then cancel when you don't feel up to it. I would go and see the excursions team on arrival and explain your situation and that you might cancel some excursions. They will help you.

Thanks for the advice so far- Spent all day packing.  My mum had to come over to help me get sorted as I still get very tired easily, but everyone is just so excited that we are getting way after the year we had!  Insurance was a killer 😱 as I also have MS and Lupus furthermore my very fit (plays competitive level tennis) & slim  DH had a mini stroke last year - yip unbelievably bad year!!.  Never sailed on Marella before so not sure what to expect and what the age demographic of the other passengers will be.  We have sailed on carnival and Royal Caribbean previously and have thoroughly enjoyed them.

Explorer is a lovely ship and the staff are so friendly and helpful. The ages of passengers is quite varied we find, ranging from young people to oldies so always a good mix of people.   You have had a bad year by the sound of it so let's hope this year things will look up for you in 2019.  Please let us know how you got on when you rerturn.  

Hope you have a fabulous cruise!

Fragilek after the last 18 months you really deserve a wonderful holiday and I wish you a fabulous cruise 🚢 which I'm sure you'll have. As soon as you feel the sun 🌞on your face and the warm breeze of the Caribbean it'll lift your spirits 🍸

As you are in St Vincent twice you may wish to save the 'tender' experience unless the sea is very calm and have a ship day. When you return to Kingstown I can recommend Fraser Tours booked on internet and tell him what you prefer to do and if its just staying around the coast and finding a nice beach you can do that. Or do any other trip that does Buccament beach and area. Beware the classic cruisers beach to the south of the island which is narrow and very crowded.

From experience and bearing in mind your condition avoid any St Lucia trips to rainforest which is a white knuckle windy road to very little. Stick to a beach trip or get a taxi. (our Ultimate land and sea trip there was cancelled)

Antigua again a catamaran trip may not be to your liking as more bouncy sea than anything. Easy to get a taxi/tour to one of the many nice beaches perhaps as said taking in a short visit to Nelsons dockyard.