Room service from Butler on POA

papa B me

We are sailing for the first time with NCL and will be on the Pride of America on Feb 23 in the Deluxe Owners Suite.  I've read a number of threads regarding room service but was hoping someone who has sailed on Pride of America can confirm my understanding of the following:

#1. You can order from any restaurant but if it is a Specialty Restaurant you would pay the normal charges

#2. If you have a Dining package you can use one of your specialty dinner for in room dining

#3. You order through the Butler and not through normal room service.

A couple of other questions I've not seen an answer to:

#1. Are the menus on tv for the various restaurants on the POA?  If not, is the easiest way to ask the Butler to get you a copy of the menu for the restaurant you are interested in?

#2. When is the best time to order your room service from the Butler(day before, morning of, etc..)

Any other suggestion for dining in the DOS would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by papa B me

10 minutes ago, papa B me said:

We are sailing for the first time with NCL and will be on the Pride of America on Feb 23 in the Deluxe Owners Suite.  I've read a number of threads regarding room service but was hoping someone who has sailed on Pride of America can confirm my understanding of the following:

#1. You can order from any restaurant but if it is a Specialty Restaurant you would pay the normal charges

#2. If you have a Dining package you can use one of your specialty dinner for in room dining

#3. You order through the Butler and not through normal room service.

A couple of other questions I've not seen an answer to:

#1. Are the menus on tv for the various restaurants on the POA?  If not, is the easiest way to ask the Butler to get you a copy of the menu for the restaurant you are interested in?

#2. When is the best time to order your room service from the Butler(day before, morning of, etc..)

Any other suggestion for dining in the DOS would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, on NCL, suites order meals through their Butler, not regular room service.

We always ask our Butler to bring us the menus from each of the Specialty restaurants of interest to us, and to leave them with us for the duration of the cruise.  We dine en suite frequently.  We order a bit in advance of the time we prefer to be served.  If you know well in advance, you might as well give the Butler the advance notice.

For breakfast, don't feel that you need to be restricted by the "door handle" menu choice.  We usually either add items to that, or just hand our Butler a note the evening before.  (Sometimes we have a standing breakfast order, unless we request something different.

We like having breakfast brought in even if we aren't up and about.  You'll have nice separation of space, so that wouldn't be intrusive if you arrange for this.

Yes, you'd still pay exactly the same for Specialty meals as if you were eating there, instead of en suite.

You should be getting unlimited non-alcoholic beverages.  We just ask to have the mini-fridge kept stocked with "our choice" of soft drinks.  (We rarely use the free booze, and usually give it away, or take it with us if we'll have someone to give it to.  NOTE:  I don't know if POA has the same liquor in the DOS; the cruise/alcohol rules are a bit different in Hawaii.)

Enjoy!

GC

After the refurb in March 2016, the menus are now on the interactive TVs for the Specialties.  POA is the one ship you can't order Cagney's for room service for breakfast or lunch.  You can also make dinner reservations for the Specialties on the TV but you'd order through the butler - the will meet you and there will be a letter in the room with their extensions.  Reports are that you can't order Teppanyaki for room service which makes sense.

The TV will also have from 75-100 PPV movies free sine you are in a suite.

No booze in the DOS or OS on POA - wine instead as the 3 bottles choices from a list including a few sparkling.  Since it is a DOS suite, it will also have a Champagne in it for you.

Thank you for the responses.  They were exactly what I needed.  It has a little bit of a challenge since things are a little different on the POA vs the rest of NCL and thing are a bit different in the DOS then most of the other suites.  So just trying to have proper expectations.  Thanks again

2 hours ago, tumblew467 said:

Is room service still free with the haven guests? as long as you order  thru your butler correct

POA doesn't have a Haven, but yes, regular room service is free for suite or Haven guests at this time.  Yes, you'd order via butler and if it is later at night they have a night butler who will typically bring it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2019 at 1:58 PM, dexddd said:

POA doesn't have a Haven, but yes, regular room service is free for suite or Haven guests at this time.  Yes, you'd order via butler and if it is later at night they have a night butler who will typically bring it.

thank you  i am on the escape.  

6 minutes ago, tumblew467 said:

thank you  i am on the escape.  

Room service from complimentary restaurants (including the Haven Restaurant) are free. If you order anything from a specialty restaurant, you will pay the retail price for it. 

There will be breakfast cards in the room with check boxes. IGNORE the check boxes and just write what you want. Eggs over easy, bacon, sausage, filet steak, ham, breakfast potatoes, hash browns, grilled tomato, mushrooms, egg white omlett with spinach, select your fresh breads, fresh fruits, juices, and a Diet Pepsi. 

image.png.54b044387ab9096164669d0dd92ea6c3.png

image.png.304949ed568a017fde5ffec810e3b1fa.png

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Room service from complimentary restaurants (including the Haven Restaurant) are free. If you order anything from a specialty restaurant, you will pay the retail price for it. 

There will be breakfast cards in the room with check boxes. IGNORE the check boxes and just write what you want. Eggs over easy, bacon, sausage, filet steak, ham, breakfast potatoes, hash browns, grilled tomato, mushrooms, egg white omlett with spinach, select your fresh breads, fresh fruits, juices, and a Diet Pepsi. 

image.png.54b044387ab9096164669d0dd92ea6c3.png

image.png.304949ed568a017fde5ffec810e3b1fa.png

Thank  you for the info, greatly appreciated

I understand that tipping is highly subjective.  If I ask the butler to serve dinner in my suite from a specialty restaurant, I add $15 (total for two people) to the weekly tip I would otherwise give to him/her.