Switching Cabin With "Neighbor" Once Onboard- Possible?

georgiapeach84

1 hour ago, georgiapeach84 said:

I have no expectation other than a hail mary that it's worth asking and completely agree that they are still 100% kind by not wanting the inconvenience of switching.  

That's good to know. Many times when someone asks for something, if the answer is "no", the person who asked feels annomosity towards the other person. On a cruise where strangers are neighbors for a week or more, it can be awkward especially if both parties use the balcony at the same time.

There's nothing wrong with asking per se but there are some people who feel uncomfortable answering "no" for fear of upsetting the other person (I don't have that problem :classic_wink:). I would hate for the neighbors (who simply booked an available stateroom) to be put in an awkward situation minutes after arriving onto the ship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, georgiapeach84 said:

...... - to be fair I've had far more incidents regarding inebriated adults on balconies or staterooms than any other people's children). 

In our experience, cruising or otherwise, some adults create much more havoc than a child ever could!

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

I read this yesterday but did not have the time to post.  This by far is one of the most selfish things I have read on this message board.  This can not be real.  I can not believe that someone thinks that it is not a big deal to ask a stranger to switch rooms.  If I was the person being asked to move I would say no I am happy with the room I have.  

Edited by Paphillyguy

On our first cruise ever , when we arrived to our room it had been switched.  The cabin next to us needed adjoining rooms due to a child who was in a wheelchair due to a very recent broken leg.  The family gave us a bottle of wine and were so grateful.  We could have cared less and were happy to help them.