White Star Luggage Changes

Bigmike911

Ignore the message above. For some reason, it was embedded when I wanted to start a comment on Cunard's White Star Luggage service. 

Cunard has discontinued the white star luggage service and have contracted with www.Luggageforward.com for luggage shipping services. I have looked at their web site and spoken to a representative on the phone. The service looks very much like the White Star program, but there is more on-line entry but their web site is intuitive and well organized. The pricing looks a bit higher that the old program, but not significantly. 

They have service in the US, the UK and other countries as well. They ship US domestic and International as well.

As some one who has depended on White Star, I am glad that we can still take advantage of a luggage forwarding service. 

Edited by Bigmike911

6 minutes ago, Bigmike911 said:

No mention of any discounts. I will check, but since Cunard have essentially washed their hands of the service I seriously doubt it. 

I got Kevin R at the company on chat and here is his response. "At the moment we don’t have any special discounts for the higher tier members." So the answer is NO. 

3 hours ago, tourlink99 said:

I have used them recently and the service was excellent. I thought the prices were actually less then White Star.

I think so too.  I did a test booking for a trip in April and the cost was less then the quote I got from White Star.

One of the things I noticed with the test booking were the choices available when having the bag returned at the end of the voyage. There were several with prices included. I chose the two day and that increased my cost some what. I also increased the insurance coverage to $3000. and that lifted the price.

The Total for International shipping to Southampton and two day return from Brooklyn came to $508. for a 50 lb. bag. Last year I shipped two and the cost was about $1,200. so this is indeed less expensive. Even with out the WC Diamond discount. 

I am pleased to hear that some members of this forum have actually used them with good result. I haven't gone through the documentation process yet, so let us hope this is as easy. 

We've used them in the past, with no complaints.

Another advantage to dealing directly with the company is there is less opportunity for finger pointing. I'm certain that any complaints to Cunard about White Star would be quickly pointed to the shipper. (Although LuggageForward uses DHL and similar shippers, they actively work with the customer)

It would be nice for Cunard to work with them to provide a WC discount code or similar.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bigmike911 said:

One of the things I noticed with the test booking were the choices available when having the bag returned at the end of the voyage. There were several with prices included. I chose the two day and that increased my cost some what. I also increased the insurance coverage to $3000. and that lifted the price.

The Total for International shipping to Southampton and two day return from Brooklyn came to $508. for a 50 lb. bag. Last year I shipped two and the cost was about $1,200. so this is indeed less expensive. Even with out the WC Diamond discount. 

I am pleased to hear that some members of this forum have actually used them with good result. I haven't gone through the documentation process yet, so let us hope this is as easy. 

Big Mike, I  have used this company to ship a suitcase from Portsmouth to Melbourne, Australia. I was met at the dock in Portsmouth by the helpful and friendly Luggageforward rep who asked me if I'd like to put anything else in the case before he took it. Given that the case was so full you couldn't have put another breath of air inside I thought that was rather funny but he was just being helpful. The case was delivered safely to the other side of the world and in a timely fashion. It certainly wasn't cheap but sometimes that's the less important consideration as I'm sure you would agree. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

I used White Star a few years ago and while it was expensive it was certainly helpful.  We did have a few snags at the beginning but everything worked out ok.  I tried to organize WS for our cruise this year and was told they don't deliver to Yokohama/Tokyo from Melbourne, which was disappointing so will just have to control my overpacking 🙂

12 hours ago, alibabacruisers said:

I used White Star a few years ago and while it was expensive it was certainly helpful.  We did have a few snags at the beginning but everything worked out ok.  I tried to organize WS for our cruise this year and was told they don't deliver to Yokohama/Tokyo from Melbourne, which was disappointing so will just have to control my overpacking 🙂

You might check with the new company www.luggageforward.com and see if they can handle the baggage.