Uber To And From Port Everglades

m8zenblue

We have been on several cruises out of Port Everglades, each time we have used the hotels shuttles to and from our hotel.

Each time we have used the hotel shuttles, it's been chaos.

Passengers arguing over who's first, where they sit, crowded vans, rude drivers and unfortunately intoxicated passengers and passengers with body odors.

We keep promising ourselves that we will never use the hotel; shuttles again.

Our next cruise is late this year, we will be staying at a hotel near the 17t street vicinity.

I have read various threads on CC about the use of Uber, with different experiences and and opinions.

I wold love to hear from anyone with recent experiences and suggestions for transport to and from Port Everglades.

Thank you !

8 December 2018

Could not connect at airport via the uber app.  Just keep spinning  like when at a concert and e everyone is bogging down the bandwidth. Verizon service.  Resorted to using hotel shuttle.  Uber from hotel to port terminal was great.  Uber back to airport  good also

I open up Uber while my wife opens up Lyft - pick the one that picks up soonest (price is usually within pennies).  If the wait is long just grab a taxi - from 17 th street hotels to the port and port to FLL the cab fare should be about $15+tip.

We have used Uber/Lyft all over the country for years. Never once had an issue. Including Port Everglades. When we sail out of there we always Uber from our Airbnb to the port and then back after the cruise. Again, never an issue. I'd rather wait 5 minutes for an Uber than to get into a taxi.

Also going TO port, if you use a hotel shuttle you're going on their time. If you have any sort of priority then an Uber will be your best choice to get to the port when YOU want to. 

On 1/19/2019 at 3:01 PM, JohninDC said:

I open up Uber while my wife opens up Lyft - pick the one that picks up soonest (price is usually within pennies).  If the wait is long just grab a taxi - from 17 th street hotels to the port and port to FLL the cab fare should be about $15+tip.

Would you tell me what is the customary tip when using Uber or Lyft from a hotel within 15 minutes from the port?

1 minute ago, mnamor said:

Would you tell me what is the customary tip when using Uber or Lyft from a hotel within 15 minutes from the port?

Tipping is up to you.  I generally tip drivers 15-20% for good service, clean car, etc.  So on a $15 fare I would add $3  It is your call. :classic_wink:

19 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

Tipping is up to you.  I generally tip drivers 15-20% for good service, clean car, etc.  So on a $15 fare I would add $3  It is your call. :classic_wink:

Thanks for the info.  Never used Uber before but after reading many posts it seems like Uber might be the best choice going to and from the hotel.

12 minutes ago, mnamor said:

Thanks for the info.  Never used Uber before but after reading many posts it seems like Uber might be the best choice going to and from the hotel.

When you set up your Uber account you can use my referral code and then we should both get a discount/credit:  johnb13999ue

We are staying at a hotel out by the airport and going to the port in Miami. There are 6 adults and luggage. Any idea what the uber will be from the airport area? I'm guessing we will need 2 Uber XL's

Thanks!

1 hour ago, music said:

We are staying at a hotel out by the airport and going to the port in Miami. There are 6 adults and luggage. Any idea what the uber will be from the airport area? I'm guessing we will need 2 Uber XL's

Thanks!

What airport? :classic_wacko:

From FLL area hotels to POM UberX should be about $35+

From MIA area hotels to POM UberX should be just under $20

For 6 plus normal bags you'll need 2 UberX cars (usually Toyata Prius, Camry or something similar sized); 3 passengers and bags should fit into each.  UberXL (minivan or large SUV) will cost almost double, about $70-75 from FLL to POM and about $30 from MIA area hotels to POM.  If anyone in your group packs like my wife :classic_rolleyes:, you might need one XL and one X 

• Like 1