Celebrity Edge sunset view stateroom

Cruise a holic

We sailed on the edge New Years week in a sky suite.  We loved the suite privileges and the sky suite, while not perfect was okay. Since we enjoyed the ship, we have decided to sail again.  However since the price of a sky suite is extremely high, we booked a sunset view balcony on deck 8.  Does anybody have pictures or comments about these cabins.  Would truly appreciate information and pictures 

thanks

The cabin interior itself is the same as other veranda cabins.  We were in a IV and found a lot to like about the cabin: bathroom was very nice with a large shower & great sink.  There was good drawer storage and a cabinet that was perfect for shoes.  We found the closet hanging space very limited particularly for longer items, dresses, long skirts, men’s dress shirts, sport jackets, etc.  

Hoping to read some feedback, too.

One thing I can tell you is I met a woman on board Edge who loved her Sunset Veranda and was really glad they had booked it versus an IV.

So we booked a SV on Apex for November 2020 while on board because I wasn’t fond of the Infinite Veranda we had in Aqua class. We’ve been booking Sky Suites for about five years but SS prices were/are hard to justify on Edge. 

Edited by Caribbean Chris
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jelayne said:

...There was good drawer storage and a cabinet that was perfect for shoes.  We found the closet hanging space very limited particularly for longer items, dresses, long skirts, men’s dress shirts, sport jackets, etc.  

I agree - I liked the drawers but this was probably the smallest amount of hanging space I’ve ever seen on a ship.

16 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We sailed on the edge New Years week in a sky suite.  We loved the suite privileges and the sky suite, while not perfect was okay. Since we enjoyed the ship, we have decided to sail again.  However since the price of a sky suite is extremely high, we booked a sunset view balcony on deck 8.  Does anybody have pictures or comments about these cabins.  Would truly appreciate information and pictures 

thanks

thanks for the responses   Actually I found a few reviews and based on them moved the sunset veranda cabin to deck 10.  People on deck 8 said they heard noise from Eden so we decided to go up a couple of decks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

thanks for the responses   Actually I found a few reviews and based on them moved the sunset veranda cabin to deck 10.  People on deck 8 said they heard noise from Eden so we decided to go up a couple of decks.

That's our concern...Our SV for Nov is middle, deck 7...no place to move to.

Someone on board now ( Vt cruiser)  is going to check it out. Supposedly the outdoor speaker has been silenced ?????   Hope so!

Otherwise, looks like a great cabin, extra large balcony, wake view.

So if available, why not go up a few decks?  Perhaps deck 10 or 11 might be available.  The late night noise would not work for my DH and I.  That is why best to also get a sky suite on the opposite side of the magic carpet.  Not only does it and the railings,  obstruct your view, but also noise an issue.

Better safe then sorry!

1 minute ago, Cruise a holic said:

So if available, why not go up a few decks?  Perhaps deck 10 or 11 might be available.  The late night noise would not work for my DH and I.  That is why best to also get a sky suite on the opposite side of the magic carpet.  Not only does it and the railings,  obstruct your view, but also noise an issue.

Better safe then sorry!

All fully booked...we may try to get on a waiting list to go up..

Our cruise next week is AQ class...opposite side of the MC...

We are on deck 12 for our mid Nov. sailing in an SV cabin.  This is one deck down from the OVC, so a little concerned with noise from above.  I have not been able to find any reviews that indicate whether this is going to be an issue.  Also ... is there a way to determine whether the bed in any given cabin will be by the closet or by the veranda?

BZ

If you search cruise critic- I recall seeing a post stating if the cabin had the bed by the balcony or closet-    Also, I have had Sky suites below OV, and occasionally heard vacuuming and chairs moving.  I do not recall if a sunset bar is on the back of deck 14- that might cause some noise issue. 

Also, I have had on S class ships S1's and the balcony might develop soot.  Our butler and cabin attendant cleaned the soot daily.  Just be careful if you want to dry your swim suit on the balcony.

21 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We are doing exactly what you are doing...we have the Edge TA in the corner S1 aft in April, and then SV on deck 11 for a cruise in Europe.  The suite prices were absolutely rediculous!  I remember VT saying on here that the SV was the hit of one of the cabin craws!  I hope that with the four restaurants, the cruise will be good; we also received all four perks.  The ship was just not selling as well as all the hype!  There are photos of the balcony, and the inside looks like the S1 afts, with the bed to the side wall...

Interestingly, I love the S1 afts on S class, but the price difference was $800 less for the S2 right beside it, and this price was after it was to be revolutionalized.  The difference was never that much, at least not for me, until the Edge came out for comparison on here.  So, I booked the S2 for 12 days in the Caribbean.  So many things that we do not know, and are waiting for reviews...sorry to get off the topic!

So glad you were able to make the change!

Edited by Lastdance

29 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

If you search cruise critic- I recall seeing a post stating if the cabin had the bed by the balcony or closet-  

Thanks ... I stumbled on this info right after I posted here and it answered my questions regarding bed location: 

1 hour ago, pa-annie said:

We are on deck 12 for our mid Nov. sailing in an SV cabin.  This is one deck down from the OVC, so a little concerned with noise from above.  I have not been able to find any reviews that indicate whether this is going to be an issue.  Also ... is there a way to determine whether the bed in any given cabin will be by the closet or by the veranda?

BZ

BZ, all I can tell you is that I have been on deck 12 in an S1 aft suite on S class, and heard chair scrappings in the early morning and early evening.  Everyone is different; some say it does not bother them.  I cannot speak specifically to Edge!

Edited by Lastdance

15 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

We are doing exactly what you are doing...we have the Edge TA in the corner S1 aft in April, and then SV on deck 11 for a cruise in Europe.  The suite prices were absolutely rediculous!  I remember VT saying on here that the SV was the hit of one of the cabin craws!  I hope that with the four restaurants, the cruise will be good; we also received all four perks.  The ship was just not selling as well as all the hype!  There are photos of the balcony, and the inside looks like the S1 afts, with the bed to the side wall...

Interestingly, I love the S1 afts on S class, but the price difference was $800 less for the S2 right beside it, and this price was after it was to be revolutionalized.  The difference was never that much, at least not for me, until the Edge came out for comparison on here.  So, I booked the S2 for 12 days in the Caribbean.  So many things that we do not know, and are waiting for reviews...sorry to get off the topic!

Just keep looking to change your cabin...you want to be happy with your choice!

Actually on the S2 cabins on the S class ships have some advantages.  First, the closet on the S2's is actually larger.  While you do not have the nice added window (we had window washing cage parked in front of ours on one cruise all day) you also don't have a pole by your bed- that you can bang into in the middle of the night- We now typically book an S2 only, if we want a sky suite.  The only exception is on the Mclass  Summit (not sure about other M-class ships), as the S 1's next to the penthouse have a beautiful huge  marble bathroom with a stall shower and tub.  Hope they don't change it during the ships renovation.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hcat said:

All fully booked...we may try to get on a waiting list to go up..

Our cruise next week is AQ class...opposite side of the MC...

Off topic - my apologies. But some information for hcat regarding Blu, the restaurant for Aqua Class:

Blu had excellent food and service, absolutely comparable IMHO to Luminae which we've enjoyed on S class ships. Some names of great staff are listed below.

(You could tell them we were the (January 6 sailing) four people with the big black service dog which they accommodated so perfectly with a corner table. (It was a good table - ask for it!)  

I'd definitely recommend requesting a table against a wall. There are no windows, unfortunately, but there will be fewer people passing on both sides like there are for the center row of tables. The tables closest to the front entrance have a curtain, not a wall, between the busy passenger corridor that leads to Eden, so could be noisier.

Erdal Sakar (maitre d' and manager) Phone ext. 5679 

Chedomir - Waiter

Goran - Assistant waiter

Joky - a woman who was the sommelier. She did a terrific job and our friends remembered her from a previous cruise.