Ocean IOS App

Woobstr112G

I was finally able to create an Ocean profile using the app on my IPad.  When I tried to add an upcoming reservation, the app displayed that my reservation could not be found.  Does anyone have any idea how to correct this?  Also one other quick question regarding my OA profile.  On another CC post I saw a post wherein the CC member displayed a screen shot that showed two pictures (real and animated).  Does anyone know the reason for this and how to do it.....?

Bob

Hi -

The Ocean Ready app is, er, NOT ready. The ongoing issue where your reservation "cannot be found" - is a problem with the nature of the error message.  What it really means is that either it cannot find it, or perhaps it is a cruise that is not a Medallion cruise, or, the cruise is too far in the future.  The suggestion that we, as users, mis-typed it is probably the least likely reason for the error.

The animated pic is your alter-ego. You enter your picture for identification, but if you would rather have a cartoon, or a simpler image show up as your ID on the screens around the ship, then you can add a second picture for that purpose. Apparently, if you walk up to a screen in a public area of the ship, your picture pops on the screen - whether it is your actual photo, or your alternate depends on whether you have submitted a second avatar type pic.

2 minutes ago, CaliforniaDon said:

Hi -

The Ocean Ready app is, er, NOT ready. The ongoing issue where your reservation "cannot be found" - is a problem with the nature of the error message.  What it really means is that either it cannot find it, or perhaps it is a cruise that is not a Medallion cruise, or, the cruise is too far in the future.  The suggestion that we, as users, mis-typed it is probably the least likely reason for the error.

The animated pic is your alter-ego. You enter your picture for identification, but if you would rather have a cartoon, or a simpler image show up as your ID on the screens around the ship, then you can add a second picture for that purpose. Apparently, if you walk up to a screen in a public area of the ship, your picture pops on the screen - whether it is your actual photo, or your alternate depends on whether you have submitted a second avatar type pic.

Thank you for the information.  I saw no option to add a second picture/Avitar.....:classic_wacko:

Bob

Make sure you downloaded the correct app.  There are 3 Ocean Ready, Ocean Now and Ocean and Ocean Compass.  I bring this up because someone in are party had downloaded the Ocean Now app which is for on board use instead of the Ocean Ready app that you use to prepare for your trip. You can call the Ocean Ready help desk at 844-525-0942.  They were very helpful.

52 minutes ago, franktown said:

Make sure you downloaded the correct app.  There are 3 Ocean Ready, Ocean Now and Ocean and Ocean Compass.  I bring this up because someone in are party had downloaded the Ocean Now app which is for on board use instead of the Ocean Ready app that you use to prepare for your trip. You can call the Ocean Ready help desk at 844-525-0942.  They were very helpful.

I actually looked at that issue prior to starting this thread.  Everything was done with the Ocean Ready App.  I did also try (just because) both reservations on the”Ocean Now” app to no avail.  

Thanks for posting the phone number. I’ll give them a call a little later this morning.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

Bob...when my TA talked to the MedallionClass people they said until they’re positive a cruise will be MC available we cannot add a cruise to the OceanReady app.  They said they’ll notify passengers when we can add a cruise to the app.

During the transition there probably won’t be a “standardized” procedure for awhile.

Hi - I did the pictures a while ago but -  - when you get the page with the bubbles for different features, one is "Security Photo" and another says "Profile Photo" -- Each of those gives you an option to add a pic with your camera, or add an existing file. I hope that helps.   Security is the photo for staff to ID you, and Profile is the avatar, or informal identifier.

If it is unclear, I can try to take a picture of MY phone with my wife's, and include that here.  This whole thing is best taken with a winky-face for now.

We have a B2B cruise starting in July. I called the Princess phone number listed on the Ocean Ready app. The OR Rep. said the Ocean Ready app would be available to accept reservation numbers 30 days prior to sailing date.

You can insert photos at any time. Hope this helps.

Edited by kjg46