Time in port - Puerto Rico

Itsbeentoolong

Hi Guys

looking to try MSC for the first time for my 40th next year...the itinerary I’m looking at shows 2 days in Puerto Rico arrriving at 17:00 then leaving at 01:00 the next day. I’m hoping that’s technically 01:00 on the 3rd day not as in 8 hours later.

Anyone had silimar that can advise?

thanks 

Our March trip is like that too on Seaside - leaves just after midnight to only 8 hours.

Sounds like NCL is also doing some later day arrivals too.  Been to San Juan several times and not decided what we might do, if anything.

I think this shortstop is common between the various cruise lines. I know that we had the same stop & timing during a Celebrity cruise a couple years ago. Unless a person is interested in seeing Old San Juan at night not much reason to interrupt dinner to get off the ship (unless it is to have dinner on shore). I think that they usually include the SJ stop to burn some time because of the next stop is St. Thomas or one of the nearby islands a few miles away. IMO they should just cruise a little slower between Florida and SJ instead of making this unusual stop.

On 2/5/2019 at 2:33 PM, Itsbeentoolong said:

Ahh thanks Guys, we’ll be 2 year old twins so that’ll be a waste. Shame really wanted to go there 

Take the kids on a stroller tour of Old San Juan. You're docked right there. Beautiful evening walk in an old Spanish city. We did that with our twins when they were 2 years old!