Grand Cayman tender on the Silhouette

trvldog

Hello

I tried to search for an answer but didn't find one for the Silhouette. 

When we tender in GC do they give out tender tickets the night before so you know what time you can tender in,  or is it just first come/line up for  the tenders?

I understand if you have a ship excursion you probably receive tender time/information.  Our excursion is as soon as we can tender off with a local company. 

Also  do they use the 300+ GC passenger tenders,  or the Celebrity life boats as tenders?

I have been to GC several times on other ships having them use both options.  

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

We were given tender tickets.  Told us to go to a certain location when we were ready to go ashore.  The tenders are the local two story ones that hold a good number of people.  We have never taken a ship's lifeboat.   

There were two locations on the ship in which to depart.

When I visited Grand Cayman on the Silhouette in December, my friend asked about tender tickets and was told that they would only be required at peak times. The ship was scheduled to arrive at 7 a.m., and the crew member told my friend that it wouldn’t be busy, and therefore tender tickets wouldn’t be required, until later in the morning. We didn’t have any priority, but we were able to go ashore when we were ready without tickets or a wait. Celebrity was using the local tenders, and they ran very frequently.

We tendered from Reflection which has a larger number of passengers than Silhouette in Dec. 2017 without any tickets on first come first served basis on GC tenders without a wait or problem. Although ships excursions and Elite and suite guests get priority we didn't have a delay going or returning to the ship.  No tickets were issued.

Edited by Luvcrusn
Addition