Carnival Mardi Gras Missing in their Drop Down

cjdixon4

I'm booked on Mardi Gras for a 2020 sailing. Does anyone know why the ship isn't listed in the drop down, since Carnival is taking bookings for their itineraries?

Doesn't appear that a roll call has been created either, unless I'm missing something.

19 minutes ago, cjdixon4 said:

I'm booked on Mardi Gras for a 2020 sailing. Does anyone know why the ship isn't listed in the drop down, since Carnival is taking bookings for their itineraries?

Doesn't appear that a roll call has been created either, unless I'm missing something.

Are you talking about on the Carnival site and at the booking portion?  If so, it is there.  It is at the very end because they are not calling it the Carnival Mardi Gras, but just Mardi Gras.  Maybe they are dropping "Carnival" from future ship names?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ishap said:

Are you talking about on the Carnival site and at the booking portion?  If so, it is there.  It is at the very end because they are not calling it the Carnival Mardi Gras, but just Mardi Gras.  Maybe they are dropping "Carnival" from future ship names?

Hmmm, that's interesting. Sure makes searching for the ship a tad bit more complicated than necessary, but I'll check it out.  Thanks much!

2 hours ago, ishap said:

They called it the Mardi Gras (sans "Carnival") to hearken back to the original name of the first ship in the line.

I would expect all future ships will still use "Carnival" at the front to distinguish from other cruise lines' ships with similar names.

14 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

They called it the Mardi Gras (sans "Carnival") to hearken back to the original name of the first ship in the line.

I would expect all future ships will still use "Carnival" at the front to distinguish from other cruise lines' ships with similar names.

You would thing that will literally millions of words out there, the cruise lines could come up with names that another cruise line hasn't already used.

1 hour ago, RWolver672 said:

You would thing that will literally millions of words out there, the cruise lines could come up with names that another cruise line hasn't already used.

Well, yeah, but the cruise lines like to go with themes, and the themes have started to overlap (by design or accident I cannot say).

Sunshine, Sunrise, Radiance, etc all give a certain vibe.

Sailing on Carnival ships named "Blackest Midnight", "Sullen Twilight" or "Heart of Darkness" might not be quite the same, even though they would be unique!

:classic_biggrin:

:classic_wink:

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Well, yeah, but the cruise lines like to go with themes, and the themes have started to overlap (by design or accident I cannot say).

Sunshine, Sunrise, Radiance, etc all give a certain vibe.

Sailing on Carnival ships named "Blackest Midnight", "Sullen Twilight" or "Heart of Darkness" might not be quite the same, even though they would be unique!

:classic_biggrin:

:classic_wink:

Sullen Twilight....sounds like a concoction from the Alchemy bar.....

• Like 1