* Koningsdam in Port Everglades - Sail a Way - Feb. 13th, 20`19 *

kazu

2 hours ago, Himself said:

How can HAL advertise the Koningsdam as "mid size"   She is huge!  See you later folks.

Father, having sailed on the Royal Princess for the first time prior to my Nieuw Statendam cruise, please believe me, Nieuw Statendam is "mid-size" in comparison to a vessel that holds 3800 guests.  We had 3500 when I was aboard.  Is Royal Princess too big?  Surprisingly, I don't think she is.  She is well laid out with good traffic flow and many, many entertainment options--good ones, at that.  But:  at times, too many people.  Their Horizon Court Restaurant is chaotic at prime time and, for this HAL cruiser, very confusing as to its layout.

59 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Father, having sailed on the Royal Princess for the first time prior to my Nieuw Statendam cruise, please believe me, Nieuw Statendam is "mid-size" in comparison to a vessel that holds 3800 guests.  We had 3500 when I was aboard.  Is Royal Princess too big?  Surprisingly, I don't think she is.  She is well laid out with good traffic flow and many, many entertainment options--good ones, at that.  But:  at times, too many people.  Their Horizon Court Restaurant is chaotic at prime time and, for this HAL cruiser, very confusing as to its layout.

Thanks for your response..  I was on the Koningsdam when it was a new ship.  I found it to be too big and too much noise.  I will be on the Nieuw Statendam in  two weeks and I will see if it is any better.  I was on the Zuiderdam when it was a few months old and later found the Oosterdam, Westerdam and Noordam to be much better.  I love the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam.  

@65 Gator Thanks for the image you captured/posted. DH just signed us up for Internet and I watched the sail-away replay video - no one else must have requested a wave. Camera was on our balcony for the LONGEST time!

The roll call is getting together later today. Not enough signed up by the deadline to get HAL support, but boy did our membership grow after that. Most of the 39 CC members and quite a few spouses are expected to attend.

As much as I enjoy reading others', I won't do a live report - type far too slowly. Will post review in March.

4 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

@65 Gator Thanks for the image you captured/posted. DH just signed us up for Internet and I watched the sail-away replay video - no one else must have requested a wave. Camera was on our balcony for the LONGEST time!

I had a couple of others but deleted them.  Here  is one more...  Enjoy the rest of the cruise...

Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 17.43.31.png