* Koningsdam in Port Everglades - Sail a Way - Feb. 13th, 20`19 *

kazu

59 minutes ago, kazu said:

No snow blower - we shovel 😞. It's too tricky to snow blow on our driveway or out back so we are forced to do it the old fashioned way.

Oh yes, it does get more complicated as winter goes on, but the dogs don't mind making me "dig" for their "treasures" in the snow 😉 

How many different types of shovels do you have? We wound up with almost a dozen after a few years. Heck, we had three different ice choppers. Although in fairness one was a shingle chopper for roofing. It was my late father's idea, and it could break through the most stubborn ice. (And the driveway blacktop if you weren't careful.) 

2 minutes ago, POA1 said:

How many different types of shovels do you have? We wound up with almost a dozen after a few years. Heck, we had three different ice choppers. Although in fairness one was a shingle chopper for roofing. It was my late father's idea, and it could break through the most stubborn ice. (And the driveway blacktop if you weren't careful.) 

We only have about 9 shovels and 3 different ice choppers.

the ice is so thick this year that it takes work on the driveway and then you have to shovel 😞. the back yard became a lost cause so unless we get this type of snow, dog play is totally out of question.  I don't need them to break a leg or me a bone.

I went out with my ice grippers on my boots and and ice pick as an anchor.  Now with the snow, it's too deep for my ice grippers and it is deep but still slippery so I am being VERY careful.  I have no intention of breaking a bone right before this cruise.  I've been down that road before and it's not fun 😞😉 

Just now, rafinmd said:

Getting in was easy, sharing the port with Celebrity Equinox was a pain.

Roy

Oh, I am SO jealous.  We couldn't get to the Falklands when we went to South America.

You are so lucky.  So happy for you.

Nice sail-away! Getting closer to Auckland, the Maasdam and many French Polynesian Islands all the way to San Francisco.

In need of a cruise!🛳😎

Jacaqi, Thanks for reminder and organizing. I know, first hand, that it takes a lot of time!

We really enjoyed our Koningsdam experiences last October and November.

So, I missed all the fun.  :classic_sad:

The snow is melting here at a terrific rate - now we are threatened with flooding!   Just came back from my meeting.  I'm just about packed, and ready to leave Sunday morning early to join the Prinsendam in BA.  

14 minutes ago, kazu said:

I went out with my ice grippers on my boots and and ice pick as an anchor

I don't miss those days. Both Michelle and our dog sitter broke their wrists on the ice. Luckily for us, people in Maine don't sue for that sort of thing. 

13 minutes ago, POA1 said:

I don't miss those days. Both Michelle and our dog sitter broke their wrists on the ice. Luckily for us, people in Maine don't sue for that sort of thing. 

I so feel for you both on the ❤️ 

I did that around 6 years ago walking the dogs.  It wasn't their fault.  It was the ice.

Then 3 years ago, my elbow.  I was really worried we wouldn't get on our cruise that year.  We were down to two weeks and when the surgeon gave me the news that the brace was coming off 12 weeks early.  (I do my exercises 😉 )

And I could go, but I had a sling on and fortunately a dear friend drove me around to pick up what I needed for the cruise (I still wasn't allowed to drive).

I think we need to move 😉 

22 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

So, I missed all the fun.  :classic_sad:

The snow is melting here at a terrific rate - now we are threatened with flooding!   Just came back from my meeting.  I'm just about packed, and ready to leave Sunday morning early to join the Prinsendam in BA.  

YIKES on the flooding Ann, but yay on the packing.

Just get the heck out of Dodge and enjoy your Grand segments 😄 

Can you send some warmth here and sun to melt our ice and snow please?

but then, parts of the area will have flooding again.  This winter is enough to make even the toughest Canadian fed up 😞 

1 hour ago, POA1 said:

And down here in Florida - I currently have an employee who's been out on worker's comp for months after slipping on the ice.  The ice I'm speaking of is ice cubes dumped out of the cooler we use to deliver milk/juice to a home of about 12 people, and it's dumped on the grass next to the paved walkway.  He's our first "slipped on ice" injury.

Sue/WDW1972

19 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

And down here in Florida - I currently have an employee who's been out on worker's comp for months after slipping on the ice.  The ice I'm speaking of is ice cubes dumped out of the cooler we use to deliver milk/juice to a home of about 12 people, and it's dumped on the grass next to the paved walkway.  He's our first "slipped on ice" injury.

Sue/WDW1972

That's got to be the most embarrassing thing to tell your friends. (For the employee, not you.)