Help me choose

Big2Little4me

That is easy for me to answer.  First, Royal Caribbean is my favorite cruise line, with this being said, your not choosing an Oasis class ship which if you would be doing I say choose that instead.  The Radiance is an older ship came out in 1998, is a much smaller ship, older, was last renovated in 2016...assuming your cruising in 2020 as you mentioned the Mardi Gras and she doesn't come out until August 2020, I say the Radiance in my book is small, older and will be 4 years from her last renovation, I would not choose that ship.

Now to explain why I would choose the Mardi Gras, she will be new, she will be big, she have all the latest updates.  Carnival is not known for their food but I have to think the Mardi Gras will offer you the most quality/selection/variety than any other Carnival ship.  They want to market it right, they want to be successful and they building this ship to compete with the other cruise lines that have these mega size ship.  

Don't shy away from the size of it, honestly, some mega ships depending on how it is built meaning the layout can feel crowded but Royals doesn't and I am hoping that they plan the layout accordingly to avoid the crowds, which I think they will do since they want to compete with the larger ships.  

Its a difficult for me to give you anymore info as I don't know the itinerary but assuming your talking about the cruise in September from NY to Canada?

I pretty much go this way....Royal one less night over Carnival would always be my choice, but a new Carnival ship to a smaller Royal ship that was last renovated in 2016, I choose Carnival Mardi Gras.

I don’t think you gave us enough to go on. If it were me, I would definitely pick Radiance both because Halifax is awesome and because I don’t care that much about the bells and whistles on Mardi Gras.

On sea dats  I like to read, eat, sleep in, maybe see some shows so I don’t care that much about the fancy features and definitely would not pay that much more for them.

Also if you’ve never been to Boston you could have a really nice day seeing some of the historical sites. 

11 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

That is easy for me to answer.  First, Royal Caribbean is my favorite cruise line, with this being said, your not choosing an Oasis class ship which if you would be doing I say choose that instead.  The Radiance is an older ship came out in 1998, is a much smaller ship, older, was last renovated in 2016...assuming your cruising in 2020 as you mentioned the Mardi Gras and she doesn't come out until August 2020, I say the Radiance in my book is small, older and will be 4 years from her last renovation, I would not choose that ship.

Now to explain why I would choose the Mardi Gras, she will be new, she will be big, she have all the latest updates.  Carnival is not known for their food but I have to think the Mardi Gras will offer you the most quality/selection/variety than any other Carnival ship.  They want to market it right, they want to be successful and they building this ship to compete with the other cruise lines that have these mega size ship.  

Don't shy away from the size of it, honestly, some mega ships depending on how it is built meaning the layout can feel crowded but Royals doesn't and I am hoping that they plan the layout accordingly to avoid the crowds, which I think they will do since they want to compete with the larger ships.  

Its a difficult for me to give you anymore info as I don't know the itinerary but assuming your talking about the cruise in September from NY to Canada?

I pretty much go this way....Royal one less night over Carnival would always be my choice, but a new Carnival ship to a smaller Royal ship that was last renovated in 2016, I choose Carnival Mardi Gras.

The Radiance is a Carnival ship. It is the refurbished Carnival Victory coming in 2020.

Edited by dacsmom

I am booked on the Mardi Gras, so that has my vote. It has so many new features. I have been on the Sunshine which is the refurbished Destiny and it was a great cruise, but they fit a lot into a small space. I am afraid the same will happen with the Radiance.