Costa Maya and Cozumel Excursions

FmlyCrsr

On 2/17/2019 at 2:16 AM, gkbiiii said:

I would really like to do this or the flight tour to Chichen Itza.  So I guess I am either going to pay $400 or $1,000 for two.  My most expensive tours to date!

Sounds great if you can afford it .Was lucky to climb the pyramid in 1994 ,have heard you can not climb anymore. It is steep and kind of scary on the way down.

Edited by dolittle

11 hours ago, dolittle said:

Sounds great if you can afford it .Was lucky to climb the pyramid in 1994 ,have heard you can not climb anymore. It is steep and kind of scary on the way down.

As you said, can't do anymore.  Probably not good if you had a fear of heights?

Was in Costa Maya and Cozumel earlier this year.  Had originally booked beach days but canceled...….next year , will have Cozumel again on the itinerary and booked an excursion to Playa del Carmen/Tulum Ruins.....was not impressed with the Cozumel port area.....Costa Maya was in my opinion better shopping, ample time to get off the ship, walk around, and get back on to relax without being crowded....

On 2/16/2019 at 3:46 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

We did Chacchoben from Costa Maya with thenativechoice.com [in 2012] – it was excellent.

We have this booked for a stop on a different line in February.  The tour operator has great reviews on Trip Advisor and also on the CC Costa Maya forum.   

If you want to do ruins from Cozumel you need to take a Ferry to the Mainland and then a LONG bus ride.  It would be be a long day and due to the risk of delays I would only book a ruin tour from Cozumel with the cruise line.