Star Class Question?

I have read that some have requested specific Genies on the generalized survey that comes first. There is still no guarantee of getting said Genie. 

We just let it be a surprise and find out when we get the email. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

27 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I have read that some have requested specific Genies on the generalized survey that comes first. There is still no guarantee of getting said Genie. 

We just let it be a surprise and find out when we get the email. 

Thank you! We are torn between rolling the dice & requesting. My only concern is I have read reviews where people have had bad experiences. I would hate to end up with a Genie that leaves us disappointed! Although we are easy going & easy to please, a great Genie can't be beat!

15 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

What is the lowest level suite you can book and be Star Class and have a Genie?  We had a butler on Celebrity and it was awesome.

The cheapest are usually the Grand Loft Suite on Quantum class or 2 Bedroom Aquatheater Suite on Oasis Class.  Anything on Deck 17 other than Crown Loft Suites also qualifies.

You can request a genie.  When you fill out your questionnaire from Royal, when the last question asks if there is anything else you would like to say put in that you would like a certain genie and give the name.  As I understand as long as the genie is on board they will honor your request.  I know when we sailed on Oasis the second time and asked for the genie we had the first time he was on vacation so we were given to another genie.  Our genie on the Anthem in Sept. gave me his email address and said to contact him when we received the survey from Royal for our March cruise and he would be glad to take care of us again.  The suite will make no difference as the genies can swap which suites they need to take care of you.