John Heald on Triumph

bajohnsons

My family and I are on the Triumph 4/17. I've heard so much about John Heald and his "bedtime story." Does any one know which night this is done? We don't usually take in the evening shows but have never seen John and it sounds like we should make a point to see him. Thanks

I want to say that this was done on the second formal night (Thursday) on the eastern itinerary.

Do NOT miss it.

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

imgcommentary_hackstone.jpg

bagpiper_piping_md_wht.gif

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

I am sure to get FLAMED from the "AMAZING" HEALD FANATICS .... but ... try not to do too much research regarding all of his routines and such... this is what I did. This resulted in the whole thing looking staged (like many are, I know..) - but it seemed to spoil it... so, as it turns out, I can't count myself as a "follower" of Heald, as many seem to be!

On the Glory last month Mark Price was the CD -seemed like a nice, and talented fellow! What do others think of him?? Just curious!

Tom

Spring break Glory with the boys. March 20th, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;3;20;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Sensation - July 1st, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;7;1;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Inspiration - Dec. 2nd, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;2;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle Spring Break, March 20th, 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;3;20;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

MIRACLE.......3/05

INSPIRATION..12/04

SENSATION.....7/04

GLORY.........3/04

SENSATION.....1/04

SENSATION....10/03

GLORY.........7/03

SENSATION.....7/03

INSPIRATION..11/02

PRIDE.........7/02

FANTASY......10/01

FANTASY......10/00

FANTASY.......8/00

SENSATION.....6/00

DOLPHIN IV....3/00

FANTASY.......9/99

T&C,

Sorry I don't agree.

Even though I knew ahead of time what the Bedtime Story entailed, John has the ability to make it look fresh and spontaneous every single time. This is what puts him head and shoulders (ok, and GUT) above people like Jeff Bronnnnnnnnnsonnnnnnn, whose routines look forced all the time.

John is second on my list of all-time favorite cruise directors, behind only the late, great Malcolm Kennedy.

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

Agree with the above poster about going to the Welcome Aboard show since it kind of sets the stage for what is planned by John Heald for the week. I do not consider myself a FANATIC about anyone, and I would also agree not to do too much research about the show. It's fun to be surprised. John is definitely a talented funny man IMO. I found myself a little put off when John kept pushing the "preferred stores" and the "preferred tours". I know that is his job, and I think Carnival should realize he doesn't have to push their agenda so much. Just a mention here and there would get the point across. Bottom line is you will enjoy his antics. icon_biggrin.gif

Mary

Triumph Eastern 10/03

Victory CTN 6/04

Sensational Cruise from the Bayou 10/04

Absolutely sound advice about going to the "welcome aboard" show on the first night. It truly "sets the stage" for the week ahead. If you miss the show, you very well might could miss most of the running gags for the rest of the cruise.

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

On the eastern, the bedtime story is held on Weds night right after the talent show. The two formal nights have the Vegas style shows It's a Wonderful World and Century Cafe.

Gordon

http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisingator

NCL Starward-86, Starship Atlantic-91, Caribe-92, Seabreeze-93, Fantasy-93, Norway-94, Celebration-94, Sensation-95, Imagination-96, Destiny-97, Celebration-98, Triumph-99, Victory-00, Majesty of the Seas-01, Fascination-01, Carnival Pride-02, Majesty of the Seas-02, Carnival Legend-02, Fantasy 7-03, Glory 9-03, Fantasy 11-03, Triumph 3/04.

Navigator of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;12;04;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Does anyone remember if there is a Welcome Aboard show for both seatings, or just one for both, like on some ships? If there is only one there would not be enough room in the showroom and late seating would miss out.

...There's just one "Welcome Aboard" show. It is held at either 10:30 or 10:45. Definitely get there early as the room is usually packed. No matter what seat you get, it'll be worth it. It's definitely a "must-see"!

elaine.gif

Gordon is correct, and I would have posted the accurate information if I had bothered to look at the Capers.

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

ba.....

talent show and bed time is alway on wed nights for saturday to saturday cruises with john

do not miss.......welceome aboard, talent show marriage and game shows........you will see first hand why john is rated the best of all the rest..........

SEE YOU ABOARD NEXT WEEK....

I thought that John had retired for the last time and was surprised to find this post. Is he back on the Triumph for an extended time?

Anyone know his schedule for the balance of 2004?

Jewel of the Seas 11/20/04 - Thanksgiving Journey on the Jewel

http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=47

Brilliance of the Seas 6/5/05 - Mediterranean

http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=51

Palms_in_the_sun.gif

John is the Michael Jordan of Carnival! Rumor has it that this is his last time though so if you've got your heart set on cruising with him I'd do it very soon.

Kristi - Atom.gif

"No shoes, no shirt, no problem..."

Fantasy 3/95, Fascination 12/01, Conquest 1/03, Glory 9/03, Conquest 1/04, Mariner 9/04, Miracle 2/05

Thanks Kristi!

I'm already booked on the Miracle 11/7 cruise with some friends from work and 2 other CC groups so another cruise now is not going to happen icon_wink.gif

I was hoping to see John take out the Miracle for a few sailings icon_frown.gif

Linda

Palms_in_the_sun.gif

John announced on the Triumph last month that he would be on the Valor next year. He had set up a Dottie reunion cruise for March 13th of 2005. He stated that he would be there for that. Who knows.

Gordon

NCL Starward-86, Starship Atlantic-91, Caribe-92, Seabreeze-93, Fantasy-93, Norway-94, Celebration-94, Sensation-95, Imagination-96, Destiny-97, Celebration-98, Triumph-99, Victory-00, Majesty of the Seas-01, Fascination-01, Carnival Pride-02, Majesty of the Seas-02, Carnival Legend-02, Fantasy 7-03, Glory 9-03, Fantasy 11-03, Triumph 3/04.

Navigator of the Seas 12/04/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;12;04;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Thanks Gordon. I forget when the Valor starts sailing and I don't think I can do a March cruise beased on what I have planned already.

Also, if the past is any indication he may only stay on the new ship for a short time and return to the Triumph....or really retire for good. Like you said "who knows"?

Linda

Palms_in_the_sun.gif

Yes, John has schelduled a Dottie Reunion cruise the week of March 13,2005 where Dottie and him will entertain the guest during one of the nights shows. WE believe his plans are to finally retire shortly thereafter and settle down with his wife Heidi. We know Carnival is going to miss this excellent cruise director. I am really looking forward to the Dottie Reunion cruise.

Dottie, Scott & Alexis

Side-By-Side

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cruisingator2:

John announced on the Triumph last month that he would be on the Valor next year. He had set up a Dottie reunion cruise for March 13th of 2005. He stated that he would be there for that. Who knows.

Gordon

Navigator of the Seas 12/04/04

http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;12;04;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;3;13;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

3/13 Dottie Reunion Cruise

Here we go again...........

I WILL be cruising with John again on 8th May on board the Triumph and will get the "low down" on when / where/ JH will be cruising in the forthcoming year (ships dates etc,).......but then again, he usually never knows himself!!!

But I WILL be asking and reporting here!!!

kangaroo.gif

aus.gif

Storm'n Norman & Skippy

The Aussie Cruise-a-holic Duo

Triumph 8th May "Cruisin KRAZY Caribe Crew" Social Directors

Cruise Photos @

http://community.webshots.com/user/stormnnorman

CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS (IN ABOVE LINK) FROM THE "STAR PRINCESS" (18TH OCTOBER 2003)!

http://community.webshots.com/user/justgotta

john is the best cd on the seven seas for many years.....all i can tell you....is he is under contract for the rest of the year.this was going to be his last contract he wanted to complete his 15 years of service with carnival ....he is on the triumph until june then off about 8 weeks or so.......then he was schedule to return back to triumph for a short time mid august then another break and maybe the valor....but that hasnt been confirmed yet...the problem with him bringing out the valvor is that the inaugural cruise is christmas week and john wants the holidays off .. carnival does want him to bring the ship out..and this comes from the horse mouth itself..this is subject to change with corey leaving the fleet.....

John is the best, no doubt. He made me see that a great cruise director really can add a lot to your cruise. Before I cruised with John as our CD, I was of the opinion that who the CD was didn't matter -- it wouldn't make or break my cruise. It still won't, but having a great cruise director definitely ENHANCES your cruise experience.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>On the Glory last month Mark Price was the CD -seemed like a nice, and talented fellow! What do others think of him?? Just curious!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>We enjoyed Mark on the Victory last year and are happy to be cruising again with him on the Glory next month. We really enjoyed his Robin Hood story! icon_biggrin.gif

Beth

~~~~~~~~~~~

Countdown to Glory

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Emerald Seas 6/86

Emerald Seas 11/87

S.S. Royale 10/88

Celebration 6/97

Grandeur of the Seas 6/98

Sensation 6/99

Carnival Triumph 6/00

Carnival Triumph 11/17/01

Enchantment of the Seas 10/27/02

Carnival Victory 5/25/03

Carnival Glory 5/22/04

Archived