How cold is the ocean going from Long Beach to Cabo February 2019??

Trimom505

3 minutes ago, Trimom505 said:

I’m sailing princess on feb 28 for Cabo 

need to know how warm to dress

cano is supposed to be in the 70’s but is the boat freezing??

It has been cool and rainy here in LA. Expect 50s F. to 60s F. Also, those first and last sea days are cool! Long pants and sweatshirt weather.  

948AC6B3-3A67-4563-AB0E-445CEE7A746C.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trimom505 said:

I’m sailing princess on feb 28 for Cabo 

need to know how warm to dress

cano is supposed to be in the 70’s but is the boat freezing??

Are you sailing on Carnival from Long Beach or Princess from San Pedro?  The ship is always a bit cool.  I bring a wrap for indoors.  Southern California has been "cold" lately.  All depends on your perspective.  

1 hour ago, Trimom505 said:

Thanks for responses....when you were at port in Cabo was it a lot warmer?? Did you go into the water for snorkeling or anything like that?? Trying to figure out what to do there thanks 

We were there over Christmas. Snorkeling was too cold for me - I’m a whimp!  Our DD did it though. The weather was sunny and warm. In the mid to high 70s! Perfect. Hot tubs were nice to be in. Shorts weather for sure. 

Our experience:

Sailing from San Francisco:  The entire first day and entire last day (daylight hours) quite cool on deck.  Many would say 'too cool'.  We bundle up and go out (hats and gloves!).  Second day typically pleasant with shorts and shirtsleeves by lunchtime.

Sailing from Los Angeles:  By late in the day first day, we're typically in shirtsleeves sometimes still with long pants.  Quite pleasant by the second morning.  On the northbound leg, typically cooling rapidly from noontime the day prior to arrival.

Hope this helps a bit.  Weather is, as everywhere, changeable.

Cabo gets quite a bit warmer than LA but the water will be really cold.  We did snorkeling in March and it was about 65 degrees.  We had a pool at the time and I was very aware of water temps.  I'm not a cold water wimp but wow, that was really cold.  I was one of the only females to get off the catamaran to swim and the cold water took my breath away.  Edited to ad:  bring a wetsuit.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario