Crown & Anchor Rewards - null if you book before you reach status?

darlacat

Hello!  My husband and I reached Platinum on our last cruise (yay!).  At the time, we had a cruise booked for in the future Fall 2019.  We've since booked another one for Fall of 2020 and got our first balcony discount - nice!  And then I was wondering, shouldn't we receive the discount on our 2019 cruise as well?  We've already done our deposit, and were not Platinum when we booked, but will be when we cruise. 

My travel agent says no - that what counts is your status when you book, not when you cruise.

I don't like that rule.  It doesn't make sense to me. 

So I called RCI and they referred me back to my agent who is sure to tell me the same thing again.

And it still doesn't make sense to me. 

What am I missing?  Either I have platinum when I board that ship in November or I don't?  If I do, shouldn't I have either a discounted balcony or the same in cruise credit or something?

Help?  Please be nice.  If I am wrong - it's only ignorance and I am here to learn.

You can get the higher balcony discount BUT Royal will reprice your cruise at the current rates.  This policy changed about 3-4 years ago.  

What your TA to,d you is correct.  It matters when you book and not when you sail.  Your on-board perks will reflect your current status.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

Yes you can get your balcony discount but they will reprice your booking at the current pricing which might not make it worth doing

Edit  I typed just a littttttttttle tooooooooo slowlllllly

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yes you can get your balcony discount but they will reprice your booking at the current pricing which might not make it worth doing

Edit  I typed just a littttttttttle tooooooooo slowlllllly

Remember the good old days when you moved up a level and they discounted all your future cruises without repricing?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Remember the good old days when you moved up a level and they discounted all your future cruises without repricing?

Remember the good old days when a C&A Balcony discount actually mattered? When you could actually use them without being told - "Sorry, that discount cannot be combined with the neverending fake sale that we are constantly running!"

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, cello56 said:

Remember the good old days when a C&A Balcony discount actually mattered? When you could actually use them without being told - "Sorry, that discount cannot be combined with the neverending fake sale that we are constantly running!"

Yeah, that too.

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

When did they start low price guarantee?

That is older than the CFS (continuous fake sales). That may have come when they took away the ability to get a price drop within 72 hours of the cruise.

On 2/19/2019 at 6:32 AM, Host Clarea said:

Funny.  I think you said you cruise Royal prior to 2008/2009 when the bean counters started their major changes.

Back when the passengers got to row the ship....

• Clarea changed the title to Crown & Anchor Rewards - null if you book before you reach status?