Cococay Bungalows

I booked 2 beach bungalows for my family of 12 for Cococay for 3/6/19. I know only 6 can be in each bungalow and get the preordered lunch. But can others who have not reserved a bungalow pull up the free chairs or just come sit in the sand around us? I have friends who didn’t book a bungalow but they want to come hang around my family. Is this possible or are they not even allowed on the beach around us? 

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Our experience with the cabanas at Coco Cay and Labadee has been that 6 people are given wristbands, and those without wristbands are not given access to the area. 

I stopped by to use the bathroom at South Beach during our beach walk at Coco Cay earlier.  Good thing the bathroom police did not chase me out.  😄 

Actually it's kind of funny...they have a nice new bath house right there at South Beach, but Barefoot beach...you have to go out the gate and across the road.  😞 

Edited by island lady

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

I stopped by to use the bathroom at South Beach during our beach walk at Coco Cay earlier.  Good thing the bathroom police did not chase me out.  😄 

Actually it's kind of funny...they have a nice new bath house right there at South Beach, but Barefoot beach...you have to go out the gate and across the road.  😞 

Well that's the dilemma I have for my Cococay visit! I have a suite so I get access to Barefoot Beach but I have family coming that is not in the suite.  So I booked 2 Beach Bungalows for the 12 total in my family.  So I guess I am giving up access to barefoot beach to stay with my family by the bungalows.

Then on top of that I have 20 other friends that want to come set up on the beach next to my bungalow.  I am not sure if they will get ran off or not since they didn't pay for a bungalow. Anyone has tried this?

20 minutes ago, bkeller0731 said:

Well that's the dilemma I have for my Cococay visit! I have a suite so I get access to Barefoot Beach but I have family coming that is not in the suite.  So I booked 2 Beach Bungalows for the 12 total in my family.  So I guess I am giving up access to barefoot beach to stay with my family by the bungalows.

Then on top of that I have 20 other friends that want to come set up on the beach next to my bungalow.  I am not sure if they will get ran off or not since they didn't pay for a bungalow. Anyone has tried this?

Actually I posted that wrong.  Barefoot beach for full suites/Pinnacles is on Labadee.  I should have spelled that out better...sorry about that.  I was just thinking of the differences there where a Suites beach does not have a bathroom in the area.  

Sorry about that..hope I did not confuse you too much.  My bad.  😞 

Edited by island lady

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Actually I posted that wrong.  Barefoot beach for full suites/Pinnacles is on Labadee.  I should have spelled that out better...sorry about that.  I was just thinking of the differences there where a Suites beach does not have a bathroom in the area.  

Sorry about that..hope I did not confuse you too much.  My bad.  😞 

No problem! Thanks for information either way.

Hopefully the bungalow people will let all my crew hang out on the beach next to the bungalow. 

We had a bungalow at CocoCay in December of 2017, and the area was policed.  Our non-bracelet-wearing adult children were shooed away a few times.  Here is a  portion of my review regarding CocoCay and our bungalow:

The waters were rough today, so it was a rocky tender ride, but we had perfect beach weather. We had pre-booked a bungalow ($195 for up to six people), so tender tickets weren’t required as that is considered a shore excursion which includes priority tenders. Despite the fact that the bungalow holds six, the eight of us who got off the ship were permitted to tender together. When we got off the tender, we walked a short distance and boarded a shuttle that took all of us to the bungalow area where we checked in and were given six bracelets. The bungalow employees were watchful and didn’t hesitate to ask our non-bracelet-wearing kids to leave the bungalow.

The bungalows were great. They had curtains you could leave down or tie back, and most of the day there was a nice breeze. There was U-shaped cushioned seating and a nice table in the bungalow, and we were provided two lounge chairs as well for the beach. We were also provided four big bottles of water (in a cooler with ice) and floating mats. Our bungalow was very close to a restroom and also to a bar. Our previously ordered food was delivered to us. We also could have gone to the buffet as well, had we chosen to. The swim-up bar was lively, and there were a lot of fish, small sharks and a stingray hanging around.

6 minutes ago, KelJ said:

We had a bungalow at CocoCay in December of 2017, and the area was policed.  Our non-bracelet-wearing adult children were shooed away a few times.  Here is a  portion of my review regarding CocoCay and our bungalow:

The waters were rough today, so it was a rocky tender ride, but we had perfect beach weather. We had pre-booked a bungalow ($195 for up to six people), so tender tickets weren’t required as that is considered a shore excursion which includes priority tenders. Despite the fact that the bungalow holds six, the eight of us who got off the ship were permitted to tender together. When we got off the tender, we walked a short distance and boarded a shuttle that took all of us to the bungalow area where we checked in and were given six bracelets. The bungalow employees were watchful and didn’t hesitate to ask our non-bracelet-wearing kids to leave the bungalow.

The bungalows were great. They had curtains you could leave down or tie back, and most of the day there was a nice breeze. There was U-shaped cushioned seating and a nice table in the bungalow, and we were provided two lounge chairs as well for the beach. We were also provided four big bottles of water (in a cooler with ice) and floating mats. Our bungalow was very close to a restroom and also to a bar. Our previously ordered food was delivered to us. We also could have gone to the buffet as well, had we chosen to. The swim-up bar was lively, and there were a lot of fish, small sharks and a stingray hanging around.

Thanks so much!!  I guess that answers my question about friends hanging by my bungalows!  @KelJ How far away from the bungalow were the non-bracelet wearing people able to hang on the beach? I guess I am just trying to figure out how close all my friends will be able to get.  Maybe I can easily walk back and forth between my bungalows and where all my friends can set up at on the beach? Thanks again for the info! 

Just now, bkeller0731 said:

Thanks so much!!  I guess that answers my question about friends hanging by my bungalows!  @KelJ How far away from the bungalow were the non-bracelet wearing people able to hang on the beach? I guess I am just trying to figure out how close all my friends will be able to get.  Maybe I can easily walk back and forth between my bungalows and where all my friends can set up at on the beach? Thanks again for the info! 

Our kids ended up spending most of their time on loungers on the beach between the cabana area and the swim-up bar.  It wasn't terribly far away.  You can hang out with your friends on the beach and in the ocean in front of where the cabanas are.  They just didn't want visitors in or immediately around the cabanas.

Just now, GalwayGirl03 said:

We had 7 in our bungalow in cococay but the 7th was our 2 year old so they didn't make a big deal about it at all.  I am not sure if this helps but they did allow him to come in without issue.

oops we had a  cabana not a bungalow...ours was like l-shaped and wood with steps right near the upgraded buffet...not sure how that would classify now with Perfect Day.

4 hours ago, bkeller0731 said:

I booked 2 beach bungalows for my family of 12 for Cococay for 3/6/19. I know only 6 can be in each bungalow and get the preordered lunch. But can others who have not reserved a bungalow pull up the free chairs or just come sit in the sand around us? I have friends who didn’t book a bungalow but they want to come hang around my family. Is this possible or are they not even allowed on the beach around us? 

I think you got the answer from people who have rented bungalows recently on Coco Cay. I just wanted to add that I have a bungalow rented for an upcoming cruise and if the person next to me showed up with 20 extra people to hang out around their bungalows I would not be happy at all. Part of the bungalow/cabana experience is the relaxation, peace and quiet away from the crowds. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lorimay said:

I think you got the answer from people who have rented bungalows recently on Coco Cay. I just wanted to add that I have a bungalow rented for an upcoming cruise and if the person next to me showed up with 20 extra people to hang out around their bungalows I would not be happy at all. Part of the bungalow/cabana experience is the relaxation, peace and quiet away from the crowds. 

Exactly.  They did a good job at Labadee the other day keeping people out of the cabana area, and I did see several try.

I learned something in this post but want to confirm.  I'm hoping by the time I get to Coco Cay with a Cabana reservation there will be a dock but if not........... do Cabana bracelets or Cabana voucher (this will be my first time renting one), allow you to go to some special tender line for priority?

We are NOT staying in a suite.

Thanks.

9 hours ago, SAmome said:

I learned something in this post but want to confirm.  I'm hoping by the time I get to Coco Cay with a Cabana reservation there will be a dock but if not........... do Cabana bracelets or Cabana voucher (this will be my first time renting one), allow you to go to some special tender line for priority?

We are NOT staying in a suite.

Thanks.

Cabanas are considered excursions and excursions are generally given priority tendering.

15 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Exactly.  They did a good job at Labadee the other day keeping people out of the cabana area, and I did see several try.

I found it strange that the gate at the other end of barefoot beach is not locked and in fact partially open.  No one was down there watching.  Though alert crew members would probably (I assume) see that anyone that came in that way not wearing a wrist band would be questioned?  That gate in the past was always locked and a person on a chair watching to let in crew members.  

Edited by island lady