Last minute cruisers

hbear

I live near the East Coast ports and wonder if any of the cruise lines have last minute cruisers lists. Individuals who they would phone when they have some open cabins shortly before departure. Just phoned Princess and was told they do not maintain such a list.

Some do, some don't. 

First you need to define "last minute". For some that is 48 hours prior to sailing. For others it is weeks or a month, although I think internet booking makes these "longer" lists less necessary. 

Who sails regularly out of the ports closest to you...focus on them.

If you do a search, you'll find lots of threads on the topic.

4 hours ago, hbear said:

I live near the East Coast ports and wonder if any of the cruise lines have last minute cruisers lists. Individuals who they would phone when they have some open cabins shortly before departure. Just phoned Princess and was told they do not maintain such a list.

I don't think there's a list that they (any cruise line) call up people, but you can call and book a cruise pretty much up until the day of departure.  You just have call (not online), usually anything less than 3 days out.

Some cruise lines offer a sign up for offers option, but not really a last minute offer thing.

Keep an eye on last minute deals on the internet, and find a local Travel Agent who might be able to spot something at the very last minute; keep a suitcase packed and ready to go!

We met a couple in Spain whose friendly TA rings them within a couple of days of a ship leaving- they spend most of the winter sailing on cheap cruises round the Med!

13 minutes ago, jocap said:

Keep an eye on last minute deals on the internet, and find a local Travel Agent who might be able to spot something at the very last minute; keep a suitcase packed and ready to go!

We met a couple in Spain whose friendly TA rings them within a couple of days of a ship leaving- they spend most of the winter sailing on cheap cruises round the Med!

I would think most cruises in the Med would not need to be last minute to be cheap in the winter as that is their off season.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

11 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Some do, some don't. 

First you need to define "last minute". For some that is 48 hours prior to sailing. For others it is weeks or a month, although I think internet booking makes these "longer" lists less necessary. 

Who sails regularly out of the ports closest to you...focus on them.

If you do a search, you'll find lots of threads on the topic.

Learned something new.  Can you share the ones that "do".   Thx.  

7 hours ago, ldubs said:

Learned something new.  Can you share the ones that "do".   Thx.  

The lists are email lists of people interested in last minute availability, not phone calling. I know Carnival does. A search would find many discussions.  We are not on any.