SS Signature category priced HIGHER than SC Neptune

DaveOKC

Depends on ship because on the Kongingsdam our Signature suite was fantastic whereas friends who did Neptune guarantee got one that they hated-balcony could barely hold 2 chairs, not enough storage, weird room shape.  Guess it all depends on the person.  

Not it sure if Eurodam has bad Neptune’s or not.  

25 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Depends on ship because on the Kongingsdam our Signature suite was fantastic whereas friends who did Neptune guarantee got one that they hated-balcony could barely hold 2 chairs, not enough storage, weird room shape.  Guess it all depends on the person.  

Not it sure if Eurodam has bad Neptune’s or not.  

I couldn't believe there are such bad NSs, but I looked at the deck plans. There are 2 SC and 2 SQ (I think Q is "spa" designation) that face forward but have only a small side balcony. I wouldn't want to be stuck with one of those. I don't care about the large cabin, but I love the large balcony with a "proper" table and chairs.

1 hour ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I just looked at those SC and SQ that were mentioned -- horrible.  JMO

Guess we discovered why they're cheaper than the SS.  Sometimes deals that are too good to be true are bad deals.  Always check the deck plans is a good motto before selecting or accepting a cabin.

2 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

A first for me!   I am pretty certain that the SC is a guarantee while you can pick your cabin in the SS (Eurodam ship).  But then again, how bad can a Neptune guarantee be??

Interesting.....  

Oops, thread drifted to the K. Eurodam doesn't have any really bad Neptunes. The corner afts (SB) are far from the lounge, but oh, those balconies! The SC Neptunes in Eurodam are on 6, near a bunch of signatures. A perfectly fine location. Posters have suggested in the past that these Neptunes are designated as SC only so HAL has a few "entry level" Neptunes they can do as lower-priced guarantees.

I was going to contact HAL again and see what they would do, but decided that I would be better off waiting a bit, as we are only 6 weeks from sailing, the current HAL "promotion" expires in one week and the cruise one week prior to ours and the one the next day going the same route are now priced below mine.

My logic is that even if HAL gave me a decent priced upsell at this point (due to the advertised price) it would be to a SC.  Whereas if I got an upsell offer, it could be to a SB or even SA.

Besides, we are happy with the cabin we picked as a fall back.

On 2/20/2019 at 3:21 PM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I couldn't believe there are such bad NSs, but I looked at the deck plans. There are 2 SC and 2 SQ (I think Q is "spa" designation) that face forward but have only a small side balcony. I wouldn't want to be stuck with one of those. I don't care about the large cabin, but I love the large balcony with a "proper" table and chairs.

We were in an SQ on Koningsdam. While the  actual balcony was smaller, the divider panel to the front was open, so basically our balcony was the whole front of the ship.