Explore 4 Promo Pinnacle Grill Questions?

terrydtx

We received a Explore 4 PG reservation for 2 on our booking for the Noordam in July. The information I received from HAL says that the night and time for the reservation will be provided to us when we board. We are traveling with our 10 year old grandson, will we be able to add him to our reservation after we board? I know we will have to pay the upcharge for him. Also if we do not like the day and time of the reservation chosen by HAL, can we change it? We do not want to eat too early or too late. I imagine with all of the X4 promos sold last fall the PG will be crowded on our cruise and the days and times chosen could be times nobody else wants. We are not big fans of the PG but a freebie makes it worth while.

We have the explore 4 for march then recieved 2 from our travel agent, i phone to ask if we could use the second one for our teens for a family, the customer service agent said absolutely just go talk to the  maître d’ and he will arange it all. So then my nephew booked with his friend i called back to see if they can join us to, same answer. They will arrange it on board no problem 

• Like 1

I would suggest that you check your reservation  right away, and if you don't like it change it asap. You're right, when there have been a lot of bookings with Ex4, many time slots will be filled. It's been a few years since I've had Ex4, but IIRC, we usually were given the first night. Once it was very late and we were able to change it to an earlier time.

You can change the time, depending on availability.   Our last trip, we were not even assigned a time, just supplied the card in our room advising we had a reservation, visit Pinnacle to book time. 

Previous time, we had an assigned time, and were able to change to a later date with no issue.   

Time before, that, we took the assigned time as it suited us, and the PG was about 2/3 full for a 7PM dinner, second night of voyage, sea day.

I suggest board, go to Pinnacle ASAP and request to change your time; if they can accomodate your request, in my experience, they likely will. 

• Like 1

We had the Explore4 promotion for an upcoming cruise but lost it when we chose to rebook at a much lower fare. But the reservation does now include a Pinnacle lunch. Is this a common occurrence? We are curious.

21 minutes ago, MacNChz said:

Just wondering - if you have the Pinnacle Grill as a promo - can you exchange it for Tamarind?

As a general rule, no.  However, it may vary from ship to ship (and maybe even from cruise to cruise, depending on the number of pre-booked reservations for each) and thus it's possible that you might be allowed to exchange a Tamarind dinner for a PG dinner.  It never hurts to ask, so go for it!

3 hours ago, MacNChz said:

Thanks for the response!  I see that Tamarind costs less than PG anyway - but some people prefer Tamarind more.  Like you said, doesn't hurt to ask !

I also prefer Tamarind to the PG but the Noordam doesn't have that venue, so it will be the Alaska King Crab legs for me and my grandson. 

4 hours ago, hop2it said:

We had the Explore4 promotion for an upcoming cruise but lost it when we chose to rebook at a much lower fare. But the reservation does now include a Pinnacle lunch. Is this a common occurrence? We are curious.

I could book our same cabin today for $150 less pp and lose the X4 promo. Not worth doing it as we would also lose the SBP which is worth a lot more than $150pp. We would get a $400 OBC vs the $200 we got with the X4 promo.

A couple of times we were not able to change the date and time of our free Pinnacle dinners.  There were so many free dinners because of the Explore4 promotion as well as a couple of other promotions HAL had offered at the same time.

It was so bad that the Pinnacle opened at 5 PM and no new reservations could be made when people got on the ship.

Hope all works out for you.

2 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

A couple of times we were not able to change the date and time of our free Pinnacle dinners.  There were so many free dinners because of the Explore4 promotion as well as a couple of other promotions HAL had offered at the same time.

It was so bad that the Pinnacle opened at 5 PM and no new reservations could be made when people got on the ship.

Hope all works out for you.

Thanks for the information and I have a feeling that this will be the case, so far everyone on our Roll Call got the X4 promo.