Family ready for Caribbean cruise but have issue

Ignacio

we are booked and ready to cruise Caribbean on 7 day cruise my oldest got arrested resent on a mideminor charge bail was posted at 100 dollars me her father posted the 100 dollars and got her out,will I have an issue with this?courtdate has not been scheduled yet, please I need a straight answer,I have no attorney as of yet cause I’m pretty sure it’s a bum rap,reply’s will be greatly appreciated, daughter is a us citizen with valid passport.

You need to speak to a reputable attorney. Even if you get an answer on here that doesn’t mean it’s accurate. You may have nothing at all to worry about, but go to an expert to get that question answered. Good luck. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, obnurse said:

You need to speak to a reputable attorney. Even if you get an answer on here that doesn’t mean it’s accurate. You may have nothing at all to worry about, but go to an expert to get that question answered. Good luck. 

Just asking for advice,not holding anyone responsible, I got appt with attorney, just checking opinions that’s all.

4 hours ago, Ignacio said:

we are booked and ready to cruise Caribbean on 7 day cruise my oldest got arrested resent on a mideminor charge bail was posted at 100 dollars me her father posted the 100 dollars and got her out,will I have an issue with this?courtdate has not been scheduled yet, please I need a straight answer,I have no attorney as of yet cause I’m pretty sure it’s a bum rap,reply’s will be greatly appreciated, daughter is a us citizen with valid passport.

"Release on bail" usually comes with conditions. The nature of the crime and what those bail conditions are dictates any limitations on travel. Violate those conditions? Not a good idea. "But, I didn't know"? A worse idea.

The nature of the misdeanor also dictates whether the arrest is recorded in the NCIC database. A record of arrest without disposition in that data base is a red flag for the US CBP.

BTW, once the case is adjudicated, it is very important that the disposition (even if the charges are dismissed) are accurately transmitted to the NCIC data base. It is not uncommon for NCIC data to be incomplete or even incorrect. And that can cause all sorts of issues with things like Global Entry, certain employment background checks, etc.

6 hours ago, Ignacio said:

First, I assume your daughter is a legal adult.  Tell her to get an attorney immediately.  Second, I see only one question in your post; “will I have an issue with this?”.  Presuming you meant to ask if your adult daughter would have an issue with this, the “straight answer” is, “Tell your daughter to get an attorney immediately and ask her attorney”.   Third, whether it’s a “bum rap” or not, tell your adult daughter to get an attorney.  See a pattern developing here?  

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  Tell your daughter to get an attorney.  

• Like 2

Will you have an issue?  Very possibly.  And - aside from the aforementioned legal concerns -  the issue might well be that your daughter would be denied boarding and you would leave her at the pier and lose all the money paid for her to go on the cruise.

As everyone else has said, get an attorney as soon as possible.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Husky61 said:

The only issue that dictates whether or not an arrest.conviction is entered into NCIC is if the arresting agency reports it to NCIC, The nature of the the arrest has no bearing on the entering of a crime.

Either way, the only way to know for certain what the ramifications are from their specific situation relative to their cruising plans is to consult an attorney. 

2 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Either way, the only way to know for certain what the ramifications are from their specific situation relative to their cruising plans is to consult an attorney. 

I totally agree!  I read posts from members who ask questions on this forum about legal matters and medical matters.  I really don't understand that.😄

3 hours ago, Husky61 said:

The only issue that dictates whether or not an arrest.conviction is entered into NCIC is if the arresting agency reports it to NCIC, The nature of the the arrest has no bearing on the entering of a crime.

But it (the nature of the crime) may be a factor in whether the arresting agency does or does not report it.

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

But it (the nature of the crime) may be a factor in whether the arresting agency does or does not report it.

Not really.  The arresting agency is supposed to report ALL arrests, but they don't do it sometimes.  Usually this is an oversight by a clerk.  In my California department where I worked for 31 years, there were a large number of arrests,  and occasionally some arrests slipped by the clerk responsible for the entry. And arrests that went to warrants were not entered in NCIC if the arresting agency did not want extradite.