Bliss / Live / Solo - March 2-9, 2019 ​

EganFire

Thanks for your review. Enjoyed it. We will be on Bliss next Saturday. Do you happen to know who is replacing Jim in the Brewhouse? Also, around what time was the line for self-assist debarkation called? Thanks

5 hours ago, blarko said:

Also is this a 24/7 area?

Does the area open to non paying passengers after a certain time?  

Like MrFunInTheSun asked, is there another “Adults Only” area on the ship that does not cost extra?

Just me, but I feel if paid that much extra for the perk, I wouldn’t want to be in other parts of the ship, like the main pool area or where other activities maybe going on.

It closes at 7 PM, it does not open for non-paying guests. They police it rather well. There is another adults-only area, Spice H2O, a small outdoor area at the back of the ship, it has a bar, a water effect, seats, and is adults only until 7 PM (per the signs) and they sometimes will hold dance parties at this location at night.  Some were in the Vibe every day, all day.

5 hours ago, touloo said:

Thanks for your review. Enjoyed it. We will be on Bliss next Saturday. Do you happen to know who is replacing Jim in the Brewhouse? Also, around what time was the line for self-assist debarkation called? Thanks

I asked but no one was exactly sure who is replacing Jim. I believe I heard them called at 0710 ish. 

The towel animals of Studio Cabin 10551

2de8d814dfec2f35694fb4bafe86962a.jpg
The mouse

1b3f9d5ab52b337857b1b695536e6bb7.jpg
The bunny

cea6a6f6f55b4906b79ab6c7c9e75f62.jpg
The rabbit (seems very similar to the previous day of the bunny to me).

7aa05407ac536c38aaa5698c9ed971f3.jpg
The Dino

989d39a33e46ac1d55668120ecf992e2.jpg
The elephant

0ec1ebbfc87f3674d49f6de80342c7af.jpg
The monkey

23f35550fcc303dd6701135815dc5e28.jpg
And the....ummmm.... ghost? Penquin? Mistake? Small man about to flash me wearing a rain coat? I honestly don’t know what this one is. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing this. I'm also going to be solo on the Bliss in November 2020, but I decided not to do a solo cabin because it's a long cruise (16 days) and I think I might welcome having "real" space. (I've done solo on Escape.) It's nice that they switched from the neon in the solos, though, and put in the fake windows.

I have 3 cruises to get through before I board the Bliss, poor me, but I'm still anxiously awaiting it.

Sorry for the delay, I promised to upload more after "Wednesday" and it is now Thursday. I am stuck at work and will try to do more uploading on Saturday or Sunday. I am wishing I was still back on  the Bliss... I am also already pondering my next adventure.

Notes for now:

WiFi: The WiFi was expensive, but only two times did I have access issues. Only two times it did not work, and worked shortly after. I am not sure if I would pay for the WiFi next time, so a "LIVE" post may not take place unless I can justify it with work or something else like I did this time. Although, I enjoyed the LIVE posting, I may have to live with the "*LIVE" post as @sid_9169 has done before. 

Pictures: I also have pictures I have not even downloaded from my waterproof camera at this time. I have no idea what is on it, what came out, but I do look forward to having the time to look and see

Work update: Just before getting on the ship I received really good news for work. On my return I jumped right into a new role, and it has been keeping me busy. I am enjoying it. 

Future Plans:  Several of the Solo travelers I met have created a chat group so we can stay in touch. Many are already looking to book another cruise. I have to plan and see what I can find that works into my schedule with work, but I am really wanting to try another ship I think.. I love the Bliss but would also like to experience what other ships have.

Small World:  Upon returning home I saw a neighbor post some pictures of a cruise she took. She cruised Solo on the EPIC and I find this funny as the EPIC was in port with the BLISS in Nassau. I had no idea someone who lives hundreds of feet from me was also hundreds of feet from me in Nassau at the same time, it really is a small world after all. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the blank reply above.  I really enjoyed your review and am rereading it as our cruise gets closer.  Two last favors, please.  Do you have a pix of the bottle list from the Brew House?  Also, how about copies of the dailies?  Best wishes!   Ok