MDR Extra Tips - How far up the chain?

jasm8449

When considering a cash tip on top of the auto gratuities, how far ‘up’the chain of command in the dining room above your waiter do you usually tip?  I’m asking about MDR, not Blu or Luminae. 

3 minutes ago, jasm8449 said:

When considering a cash tip on top of the auto gratuities, how far ‘up’the chain of command in the dining room above your waiter do you usually tip?  I’m asking about MDR, not Blu or Luminae. 

For me, it doesn't go above the waiter.  In the past I did include the assistant waiter, but on my last cruise the assistant seemed to change throughout the cruise.

It has been awhile since we have been in the main dining room but we would tip the waiter and assistant waiter.  Unless the Head Waiter did something for us we never tipped him.  Most of the time we didn’t even know who the Head Waiter was until the last night when they would stop by the table to “check on you”. 

We usually do our waiter, the assistant waiter (if it is the same one for entire cruise) and just a little something to the Head Waiter.  If your dining room service was very good, it is because of a good manager.  I think they deserve some recognition.