Transfer from Venice cruise port to airport

Izzy'sMoms

35 minutes ago, Izzy'sMoms said:

Our Med cruise ends in Venice. Are there sufficient taxis/ shuttles available on the day of disembarkation, or is it best to book transportation in advance? Our flight is at noon.

There are not usually shuttles on disembarkation day. Depending on where the ship actually docks the taxis may not be allowed to get close to the area where you actually get off the ship. We booked a car to pick us up (can't remember the name of the company, but they were mentioned in a Venice ports of call thread). Apparently private booked cars are allow through to pick up passengers.  We got to the airport in about 30 minutes. Our other option would have been a very expensive private water taxi. 

The last time we were there I think a transport from the airport to ship in a private Mercedes town car was about 45 euro. Well worth it. The other time I was there we took the bus which is also pretty simple. Lot's of info about this on the Ports of Call section. 

There is also the option of sharing a water taxi with maybe 2 other couples on your roll call. The water taxi can easily hold 6 people with luggage. It runs 120-140EU. Pretty cool zooming over the lagoon like James Bond. I seem to remember the water taxis were lined up very close to where we disembarked. Takes about 30 minutes. If anyone has had a different experience as of late please correct me.

Prebook at https://www.motoscafivenezia.it/en/

Just entered an arbitrary date and it was 122EU.

Edited by Petoonya

1 hour ago, Petoonya said:

There is also the option of sharing a water taxi with maybe 2 other couples on your roll call. The water taxi can easily hold 6 people with luggage. It runs 120-140EU. Pretty cool zooming over the lagoon like James Bond. I seem to remember the water taxis were lined up very close to where we disembarked. Takes about 30 minutes. If anyone has had a different experience as of late please correct me.

Prebook at https://www.motoscafivenezia.it/en/

Just entered an arbitrary date and it was 122EU.

In addition to the expense of the water taxi it is a VERY long walk from the boat into the terminal with all your luggage - no fun anytime, especially if it's hot. We went from the terminal to the boat and there was no moving sidewalk - not sure if there is one the other way.

Paul...this was 3 years ago so things may have changed but there was a spot not more than 50 yards from the ship where water taxis were lined up. We prearranged ours from where we disembarked to Marco Polo. This was with Motoscafi Venezia and all went very smoothly- booked online. Disembarked, short walk, and off to the airport. As I say it's been 3 years and others experiences may be very different. 122 EU works out to $46 couple which isn't cheapest way to get to the airport, but a nice way to bid farewell to Venice.

We did this last Nov - airport to hotel. It was a very long way from terminal to the boat (Motoscafi).

That said, it was very convenient to just disembark into the hotel lobby and not deal with walking the streets and bridges with luggage.

Here's a great article about transportation from the cruise terminal, Stazione Marittima to Marco Polo. The other option is taking Alilaguna (which I've also done) but lots of stops and an hour+ travel time.

https://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/transportation-from-stazione-marittima.htm

Paul, my son just did a departure from the cruise terminal to Marco Polo in October and he said the water taxis were again not 50 yards from the ship when he disembarked. Again he pre-booked it as we did and they were there waiting for him.

Edited by Petoonya