Bringing Bulk candy on ship

Greg901

1 minute ago, Greg901 said:

can we bring bulk candy on board for a birthday surprise?

And potato chips and a birthday cake. 

If you don’t check them, they’ll be xrayed at check in. 

• 1 month later...

Was on the Dream last Nov for my first cruise . When my suitcase arrived I go to unpack it and none of my snacks were in it. I had packed some smarties ,a couple chocolate bars and glossette raisins. But my suitcase had none in it. I figured that they had been removed by Carnival and although I was a little upset I just figured that was the policy. I arrive home and what's sitting on my bed ? The bag with the snacks. Going on the Magic this November and you can bet my snacks will be first in my suitcase.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

DH and I go to our local Bulk Nation and purchase cashews, jelly beans, chocolate covered nuts, etc. I put them all in separate zip lock bags and put in our carry on suitcase with cans of soda. Never a problem. The Jelly Belly jelly beans they sell in the ship's Cherry on Top are outrageously expensive compared to Bulk Nation for the same stuff.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BarbaraGligoric said:

Was on the Dream last Nov for my first cruise . When my suitcase arrived I go to unpack it and none of my snacks were in it. I had packed some smarties ,a couple chocolate bars and glossette raisins. But my suitcase had none in it. I figured that they had been removed by Carnival and although I was a little upset I just figured that was the policy. I arrive home and what's sitting on my bed ? The bag with the snacks. Going on the Magic this November and you can bet my snacks will be first in my suitcase.

Wow that story made me chuckle. I'm so glad you didn't get into an argument saying they took them out.

I would worry more about TSA at the airport if it's in your carry on bag if you're flying. I had two bags of candy from Cherry On Top in my backpack post cruise at Miami International and I got pulled aside for special screening because the candy looked suspicious lol. Apparently drugs can be disguised as candy these days.

My husband and I had a good laugh about it afterward although my son was upset because he was worried that they were going to confiscate his candy. 🤣

To answer you question, yes you can buy bulk candy on the ship but it is very expensive. I would try bring your own.  You can buy cakes through the "Funshop" link on the carnival website.  I Just bought two for this past March and they were pretty good.  As for potato chip, I did find out they can be ordered from room service but if I were you I would bring your own.  Potato chips are my weakness  so I always find someplace to get a bag to bring board with me.  Just an FYI, Guy's Burger has potato stick.

I'm on a keto diet which I will TRY to not totally trash on our upcoming cruise... so I'll be bringing some nuts and beef sticks and other small snacks, hoping to fill up on that BEFORE I gorge myself on Guys Burgers and the gelato on the Lido buffet... but you know I'll be hitting those up occasionally too!

Past cruises I've often brought a bag of Twizzlers with me (my secret- oops now, not soooo secret- addiction!). Never had an issue in my carry-on.

1 hour ago, Shaded Lady said:

I'm on a keto diet which I will TRY to not totally trash on our upcoming cruise... so I'll be bringing some nuts and beef sticks and other small snacks, hoping to fill up on that BEFORE I gorge myself on Guys Burgers and the gelato on the Lido buffet... but you know I'll be hitting those up occasionally too!

Past cruises I've often brought a bag of Twizzlers with me (my secret- oops now, not soooo secret- addiction!). Never had an issue in my carry-on.

If only Carnival served fat bombs I could make it all week without a cheat meal!