Best time of the year for a Mexican Rivera cruise

MoyCoy

Hi!

We are leaving on our first Mexican Riveria cruise  this April on Princess Royal for our anniversary 

We are thinking about booking a family cruise on the Panorama end of 2019 or sometime in 2020. This world be my 8 year old twins first time on a Mexican Rivera cruise.

Disclaimer--My twins have been on cruises since they were 4. But they have not sailed on Carnival. 

We live in WA and was thinking about booking the Panorama Jan /feb/March.  We were hoping to escape the winter blues. But we read on CC that November is ideal for Mexican Riveria cruises.  While others say that December is not a good a month. Other have stated Feb and March are better months because of wildlife sightings.  I would love to hear any opinions as to when you like to sail the Riviera and why you choose that month to sail.

Thank you

Whale season is from December to Mid March. We saw a ton of them in February. Whether was in the 70-80's. So it was nice with out being hot. If I were to do this trip again I'd go late Jan or early Feb again.. In march you start running into the spring break crowds, especially in Cabo. I will say that prices were cheaper when we went in April the year prior, but the wales were not in the area.

Hi,

Weather in San Diego can be chilly in winter but once you get into Mexico it will be warmer.

IF seeing whales is a big part of your cruising agenda then go in Jan,/Feb but if you want warmer swimming weather then March/April is just fine.

We go every year in March or April.

We are seniors and the "spring break" crowd on Carnival is mostly families not wild college students.

It has never bothered us and your little ones will have lots of company!

March. I’m in PV right now on MX Riv cruise and this is the best weather we’ve had in 4 Riviera cruises. 

And whale watching in Cabo was incredible. Early March is better than late March per our whale watch guide. 

Summer too too hot and fall IMO was too cold. 

21 hours ago, MoyCoy said:

Thank you! Very helpful.  I heard the weather during the crossing could be chilly.  Did you find that to be the case?

I did but I live approximately one block away from the sun. The kids from WA were in shorts most of the time. They also timed their cruise just right and got out of town before the great Seattle snow storm this year. 

• 3 weeks later...