Rates and Switching Rooms Once On Board??

We want to take our friends who have never cruised Carnival on a cruise with us. 

My DH and I both have different offers and would like to use them separately as our friends are only eligible for the 55 rate.  My question is... Can I book 1 room in my name with 1 friend at my special rate and my DH book the other room with his special rate and 1 friend and swap rooms once on board?  

Thanks so much!!

You may want to try calling to book the reservation. I ended up calling (for a different reason) when trying to book 2 rooms and was told our past guest status/obc offer would also extend to either 1 or 2 additional rooms that I was booking at the same time. And I’m just a red card, so it’s not like I’ve got some special status with Carnival 😁

Just a heads up in case that’s easier than going down to guest services to have them swap cards. 

22 minutes ago, Eggs And Bacon said:

You may want to try calling to book the reservation. I ended up calling (for a different reason) when trying to book 2 rooms and was told our past guest status/obc offer would also extend to either 1 or 2 additional rooms that I was booking at the same time. And I’m just a red card, so it’s not like I’ve got some special status with Carnival 😁

Just a heads up in case that’s easier than going down to guest services to have them swap cards. 

This. If I try to use one of our VIFP numbers to do a mock booking for two rooms on the website, it will only accept it for one room. But we just spoke with our PVP over the weekend and he said they can use a single VIFP number on up to three rooms. In fact, when we booked yesterday, he used just my number on our room and our son's, instead of using mine on our room and my wife's on our son's. OP, give your PVP a call if you have one, otherwise try customer service. If it works, you can avoid the hassle of shuffling people.

Seems like I remember our PVP (when we still had one) telling us that our promo rate was good for the other cabins we were booking.  That was a couple of years ago, so I don't recall the exact details.