Cheaping out at the buffet

Cruise a holic

Honestly I find complaints about a lack of choice just baffling. Take a walk around the buffet and count the number of different food options available, I guarantee most people would be shocked at the figure. A buffet needs to have options for cruisers from all parts of the world so there are always going to be things some people don’t like. Really if you had a menu presented to you with every food choice on it available in the buffet it would be huge.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cantstopingcruising said:

You took the words from my mouth.

One thing I missed at the buffet was brie cheese. Never saw any on a b2b on Silhouette.

The breads are still very good, but the cheese selection is cheesy!!

I sure wish there was a venue which specialized in cheese - similar to the quality of the offerings on the Murano cheese cart. It might fit nicely as a feature in Cellar Masters? I'd even be willing to pay an additional (reasonable) charge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

The best dinner (or any) buffet we have ever had was at the Oriental Hotel in Bangkok.  It was at an outdoor restaurant that overlooked the river and many items such as different high quality steaks and lobster were cooked to order on outdoor BBQ grills.   Not sure if they still offer this pretty famous buffet (the restaurant is now closed for renovations) but it is something we would check-out on any visit to that fun city.

Hank

We’re not really going to compare a cruise ship breakfast buffet to that of a 5 star hotel in Bangkok are we?

• Like 3

Been on other cruise lines that have buffets that change offerings daily.  Breakfast is pretty much standard. However, there are specialty items that change. Cruise lines can be quite creative. I have enjoyed interesting egg dishes and variations on French toast. On other cruise lines, the lunch buffet offerings are different each day.  It is fabulous when the cruise lines make dishes using local foods.