Mayflower Park Hotel - Seattle

huxlemo

The Mayflower is an older property but it's nice. We've stayed there a couple of times while we've been in Seattle. It is handy to cruise port and tourist attractions. Hotels in Seattle are very expensive. 

Edited by Eaglecw

It's the hotel of choice for many repeat visitors to Seattle.  

The location can't be beat - around the corner from the light rail from the airport and the streetcar to Lake Union, around the other corner to the monorail to Seattle Center.  It's a 5 minute walk from Pike Place, the in-house bar and restaurant are terrific, and if you want other restaurant options, there are dozens within a five minute walk.  If you want to rent a car for some exploring of the countryside around our fair city, there are at least four (I think five) car rental agencies within three blocks.  Like all downtown hotels it's a short cab or Uber ride from both cruise terminals.  At night the streets are full and safety is not an issue whatsoever.

It's also very classy, very comfortable, and generally good value compared to some others.

Edited by Gardyloo

Gardyloo

I would like you opinion of the Inn at the Market Hotel.  I am thinking of the Inn at the Market hotel or the Mayflower.

I will be for 2-70 yr old ladies and a 10 yr old staying 1 night pre cruise and visiting Pike Market.

I am a local but have stayed at the mayflower for a conference and have chosen to partake in the restaurant and bar regularly while staying downtown. The hotel is old (in a classic way) and the staff is excellent. The bar, in particular is a favorite with locals as their cocktails have won many a competition. Although there may be other properties closer to the port,  if you can secure a good price, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it for an overall good stay.  Hope this helps.

19 hours ago, phabric said:

Gardyloo

I would like you opinion of the Inn at the Market Hotel.  I am thinking of the Inn at the Market hotel or the Mayflower.

I will be for 2-70 yr old ladies and a 10 yr old staying 1 night pre cruise and visiting Pike Market.

The Inn is a high quality hotel, obviously well located for the Pike Place market.  The market- and Puget Sound-facing rooms are terrific; those that face First Avenue are sometimes prone to traffic noise.  I wouldn't hesitate to stay there.

A note about visiting the market (which you've probably already heard) - during the cruise season the market becomes insanely crowded by 10:30 or so in the morning, so I'd strongly recommend having breakfast there, watch the merchants set up, maybe buy some flowers for your cabin on the ship, and skedaddle by 11 AM.

By the way, the "first" Starbucks... isn't.

On 3/24/2019 at 6:56 AM, Gardyloo said:

The Inn is a high quality hotel, obviously well located for the Pike Place market.  The market- and Puget Sound-facing rooms are terrific; those that face First Avenue are sometimes prone to traffic noise.  I wouldn't hesitate to stay there.

A note about visiting the market (which you've probably already heard) - during the cruise season the market becomes insanely crowded by 10:30 or so in the morning, so I'd strongly recommend having breakfast there, watch the merchants set up, maybe buy some flowers for your cabin on the ship, and skedaddle by 11 AM.

By the way, the "first" Starbucks... isn't.

Gardyloo - we are booked to stay one night in June at the Mayflower, prior to our cruise, and would like to know how "insanely crowded" does Pike Place get .....like the London tube (subway)  in rush hour?  🙂

59 minutes ago, Penzance said:

Gardyloo - we are booked to stay one night in June at the Mayflower, prior to our cruise, and would like to know how "insanely crowded" does Pike Place get .....like the London tube (subway)  in rush hour?  🙂

Somewhere between Oxford Circus and Tokyo rush hour, or maybe Portobello Road on its busiest day.😉 

DSC00341.JPG

We have stayed at the Mayflower Park several times when we want to stay in downtown Seattle.  The  restaurant is lovely, and we particularly enjoy their breakfasts.   We also love the hotel bar.  But just a quick comment -- the "standard" rooms are rather small.  We book their "delux" rooms which are roughly twice the size as a standard.

If folks are willing to use the light rail to go into Seattle, we also love the Cedarbrook Lodge.  It is located near SEATAC but is not a standard airport hotel.  They offer a complimentary shuttle which goes to both the airport and closest light rail station.  Wonderful breakfasts are included in the rates -- at least for most of their rooms.

3 hours ago, Gardyloo said:

Somewhere between Oxford Circus and Tokyo rush hour, or maybe Portobello Road on its busiest day.😉 

Thank you Gardyloo. As we have lived in London and love crowded Portobello market on Saturdays, Pike Place will be a piece of cake. We understand it rains just as much in Seattle too.  🙂