Web Check in Help

Ajh1986

Hello all,

I am having problems completing web check in.

I have added all my details and photo fine, go to enter my wife's details and photo, click next and its not saving the photo or passport start or end date.

I am driving my self crazy have taken all the info out and put it all back in but no joy, tried different browsers and even on a mobile.

Anyone had any similar problems?

if i don't do the web check in is this an issue? can i just check in at the port, taking my booking confirmation. 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2019 at 10:55 PM, thetaro said:

MSC's website is programmed by high school kids. There are so many bugs and glitches. I have no idea how it went through testings.

Oh did they fire the first graders then? or did they promote them to customer service?

• Haha 1

On 3/29/2019 at 8:05 AM, Annapolisr said:

Finally able to complete.  I guess my TA provides docs to me in reading the fine print.  Now to find out if $68 for a thermal cruise pass is a good price.  Seems they vary...lol

Our docs were emailed to us by MSC about 3 weeks out from cruise.  Yes, we used a TA

I've attempted to update our passenger details prior to check in, the UK website refuses to accept our passport issue dates, in the correct format and are not close to expiring. It's retained our passport numbers and expiry dates from previous sailings.

Slightly more worrying, DH, is listed as Female on his data page 😕

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, styles27 said:

I didn’t have to upload a photo when I checked in...did I miss something?

I uploaded a photo when checking in for our last 2 cruises but we still had another taken when we embarked.

As Diane states, it's optional anyway.

12 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

According to the check-in folks at the pier in Miami, Homeland Security is requiring them to take a picture even if you submit one online. I'm assuming it's to match the facial recognition technology now being used for debarkation in Miami.

Bret

They retook our picture in Europe on Meraviglia as well.

So not sure when it's used.

I called MSC and we have had our passport dates added, however, when I look at our passenger data it still shows that they are invalid. It is all fine when I access our web check in area.

The good news, DH is back to being listed as male 🙌

The UK Facebook forum suggests that lots of people are having issues too.

Edited by CruisingFox27

I have just returned from our stay on the Seaview.

The website was unable to store mine or my wife's passport dates, i called the number on the top right of the website and the option for web support.

The lady i spoke with said that the website was unable to store passport issued/expitry dates and she added them for me and issued/emailed the tickets to me. 

I did upload a photo onto the website, but as other have said they take this again when onboard anyway.