Izumi Sushi

32 minutes ago, CrusingRuthing said:

I know on the menu it lists prices for half rolls and for full rolls. Does anyone know how many pieces come in each size?

We went off menu (veggie sushi) but were charged $6 for 6 pieces of sushi.  Not sure if that helps!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrusingRuthing said:

I know on the menu it lists prices for half rolls and for full rolls. Does anyone know how many pieces come in each size?

Full rolls are 6-8 pieces (large pieces). I don't remember seeing half rolls (might have been the Sake though). 

I can't answer your specific question.  But I would like to highly recommend the "Make your own sushi" class that is usually available for $30 per person.  My family has done that twice now.  First on Oasis and then on Independence.  You absolutely get your money's worth in addition to the hour long experience.  On Independence last year, we signed our two boys up to take the class.  We went in to check on them towards the end of the class.  I'm not going to lie, we were hoping to steal a piece of sushi off their plates.  lol.  But much to our surprise, the head chef who was instructing their table offered us the sushi plate he made!  It was wonderful.  And yes, the boys ate everything they made.  Crazy teenagers!

But one word of advice on this class.  Make sure you go hungry.  They are not supposed to let you take what you make with you. You are expected to eat it then.  They say they had instances in the past of people taking it, putting it in their refrigerator, then getting sick because they then ate it who knows how many days later.  They may make an exception.  But don't count on it.

4 hours ago, dwp10mm said:

I can't answer your specific question.  But I would like to highly recommend the "Make your own sushi" class that is usually available for $30 per person.  My family has done that twice now.  First on Oasis and then on Independence.  You absolutely get your money's worth in addition to the hour long experience.  On Independence last year, we signed our two boys up to take the class.  We went in to check on them towards the end of the class.  I'm not going to lie, we were hoping to steal a piece of sushi off their plates.  lol.  But much to our surprise, the head chef who was instructing their table offered us the sushi plate he made!  It was wonderful.  And yes, the boys ate everything they made.  Crazy teenagers!

But one word of advice on this class.  Make sure you go hungry.  They are not supposed to let you take what you make with you. You are expected to eat it then.  They say they had instances in the past of people taking it, putting it in their refrigerator, then getting sick because they then ate it who knows how many days later.  They may make an exception.  But don't count on it.

I was recommending this on another thread.  I did it in October on Allure and it was so much fun and the sushi was delicious.  I would like to add that they allowed people, like parents, who were not part of the class to sit in the dining room and watch.

15 minutes ago, mek said:

I was recommending this on another thread.  I did it in October on Allure and it was so much fun and the sushi was delicious.  I would like to add that they allowed people, like parents, who were not part of the class to sit in the dining room and watch.

Is it always at 10am? I see the class but that seems to be the only time available. Would I be able to switch the time on board?

18 hours ago, CrusingRuthing said:

Is it always at 10am? I see the class but that seems to be the only time available. Would I be able to switch the time on board?

Always 10 am, but remember it's a 1 hour class, so by the time you eat it's around 11am.  I was stuffed, (because I ate it all), so had a light dinner that day.

Edited by mek

On 3/28/2019 at 10:09 AM, CrusingRuthing said:

They are pretty healthy portions.

B1E75871-0723-4927-82DC-695A65A097E2_zps

539351DA-35A0-4FCD-87D0-20CB875C68D4_zps

05293377-2EA5-4413-B3B7-DCAF11FDB5E1_zps

21BEECE3-FFAD-4F68-9A81-071CC3B239F5_zps

6DF628D8-7E57-43C0-A398-8DD57F6145BF_zps

8D10D61E-9B46-4E42-905C-8A57CF85FC0B_zps

6CA328C1-FA22-4082-B8C5-37770E6B58AB_zps

Also agree that the sushi making class is a fun experience too. 

21 hours ago, CrusingRuthing said:

It isn't a class for one person -- it is a group class....my DH has done it a few times.  That day have a very light breakfast and you will end up with an early lunch.....11:30ish.  

• Like 1