Royal L107 v B428 thoughts?

mringenoldus

We are sailing Royal Princess from Vancouver to LA in mid-September. Currently, we have angled balcony B428. L107 looks quite enticing but since this is a sailing with no ports, I have some concern that the balcony wind may make it less appealing. However if both balconies would be chilly, it appears from the YouTube video L107 would afford a nice cabin layout.

Does anyone have experience with one or both of these cabins? What would be your preference?? Thanks!!

We did Vancouver to LA last September on the Coral and while it was cool, we used our balcony frequently. Also, having enjoyed Club Class dining on the Coral, I think I would prefer to stick with B428, a Club Class mini.

2 minutes ago, cruiserdru said:

We did Vancouver to LA last September on the Coral and while it was cool, we used our balcony frequently. Also, having enjoyed Club Class dining on the Coral, I think I would prefer to stick with B428, a Club Class mini.

Thank you, cruiserdru!

These notes were taken from the cabin compilation sticky at the beginning of this forum. It is probably the most helpful description of L107 and may be more helpful than just our expressed preferences.

<<Quiet>> Yes. The Sanctuary is above, but we did not hear any noise from that. Disclaimer: I wear earplugs to sleep, but my friend does not.

<<Balcony Size>> Oversized. Huge, huge wrap around balcony. The balcony access is on the side of the ship, then the balcony wraps around to the front. There was a full sized table with four chairs, two chaise loungers and two side tables next to the loungers. All furniture was wood with cloth cushions. <<View>> Partially obstructed, balcony railing is metal, but there are no other view obstructions. <<Wind>> Yes. Extremely windy. We were able to use the balcony while underway and when seated or in the loungers, the wind was not felt. Extreme wind when opening the balcony door. <<Other Comments>> This is an exceptionally large cabin with great storage. The beds were configurable into twins. It is configured into an L-shape with the sleeping area separated from the living area. There is a curtain that can be drawn for privacy and light control in the sleeping area. In the sleeping area there is a forward-facing window.

The railing in this cabin was metal, so view would be obstructed while seated and/or lounging.

3 hours ago, cruiserdru said:

L107 is a Club Class mini. It's an M6 category, premium mini and is definitely Club Class.

So it is. I only hovered over the L107 on the deck plan and it only showed premium mini-suite, whereas B428 shows club class mini-suite when you hover over it. I should have clicked on the cabin and read the details inside which said club class.

We have cruised on Royal in L108 (opposite side of ship) and it is a Club Class mini-suite. It is a very enjoyable stateroom with the separated bedroom and sitting room.  Love the Club Class dining.  The balcony was never locked and we enjoyed it at all times.  It is great for viewing arriving in port.  The one thing they will ask is that you close your drapes at night when you have your lights on because the light bothers the bridge personnel.