Escape haven aft penthouse

Kitten112

it faces the bedroom, bedroom is off balcony with a door to balcony, deck 11 is the opposite bathroom faces the balcony no access to balcony from bedroom/bedroom. this is for 12306 and 12906, 12304 looks like a balcony cabin on the port (left) side of boat

Edited by CVA34
addl info

1 hour ago, Kitten112 said:

Thanks!  In 12304 do you know if the bathroom faces the balcony or the bedroom?

If I remember correctly, the Aft Haven on the Escape has a bath and a half. There was a guest bath (no shower) in the entrance hall.

18 minutes ago, kitty-sail said:

If I remember correctly, the Aft Haven on the Escape has a bath and a half. There was a guest bath (no shower) in the entrance hall.

The H6 on Escape has 2 full baths. Both have a shower, toilet, and sink. The master bathroom also has a tub.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

I just returned today from the Escape Haven aft balcony room 10914. Really nice room. 2 full baths. The guest bath was a really tiny shower but it was super nice to have the second toilet. We weren't crazy about the main bathroom having only a curtain and no door but the bathroom itself is huge and quite nice.

Balcony was really large and nice but not usable alot of the time because of all the soot (?) we were getting on it while underway, couldn't even sit down on the chairs without getting black stuff all over our clothes. We got much more use out of our prior standard balcony's then this aft Haven one. They sent a team to clean it but it was a constant problem. When in port the room stewart would clean it and set up the cushions and it was excellent until we got moving again. Kind of a bummer to have such a great balcony but not be able to use it much.  I would only do this room again for a port heavy itinerary or Bermuda where you're docked for 3 days and can get lots of use out of it.

The room is fantastic though. Lots of space and so many closets. We loved the room and the aft balcony view was awesome. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve read reports of soot before, but I was recently on the Escape in an aft balcony on deck 12, not Haven though, and had zero soot.  Is it more prevalent towards the outer sides of the ship?

4 minutes ago, Shidah said:

I’ve read reports of soot before, but I was recently on the Escape in an aft balcony on deck 12, not Haven though, and had zero soot.  Is it more prevalent towards the outer sides of the ship?

Not sure but that would make sense to me. Also I was thinking maybe certain decks have more soot then others. I spoke with our cabin stewart about it and she told me it was normal for our cabin and she would clean it and set it up every time we get to port which she did. I think she was a little mad with me because day 3 when I bumped into the hotel director I mentioned the soot problem and he sent a team to clean it but I think maybe that got her in a little trouble. I didn't expect a cleaning team I was just mentioning the disappoinment with the soot.  Felt bad about it after that and never mentioned it again but pretty much the balcony went unused all week. 

• Thanks 1