calling stateroom-to-stateroom

Lindsay564

Just want to confirm - is it possible to call other staterooms from your room phone and leave messages?  We're planning to do some coordination with our private tour companions from the roll call once we're onboard and see how the tendering process will work for our port.

Yes you can call another room by simply dialing the room number.  (I believe there is a specific prefix for room number that are more than 4 digits.   If no one answers it is sent to voice mail where you can leave a message.

Our phone was awful.  It worked for a day, and then we couldn't get our messages the second day or call other staterooms.  Our fantastic stateroom attendant (Ian) checked it out, and he couldn't make it work so he called it in.  Later that day, it worked fine.  A couple of days after that, we could pick up messages off and on, but couldn't get rid of the message light.  My brother's phone didn't work either. 

39 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Sometimes the phones haven’t been updated with the new occupants names.  So when you dial your friend’s cabin the phone display may say Marvin Smith even though your friend is Joe Perry.  So just make sure you know the correct cabin number.

On our last cruise they had not cleared the messages from the previous cruise.   I had 125 messages to delete.  I swear 25% were from Park West.  

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

On our last cruise they had not cleared the messages from the previous cruise.   I had 125 messages to delete.  I swear 25% were from Park West.  

The previous occupants must have spent some time/$ at Park West!  25 cruises never attended a Park West event or spend a $1 and never a phone message😊