What is the current standard for proof for military discount?

How do you go about checking if your cruise has a military discount now?  I remember there used to be a check boxed on the find a cruise filters, but I no longer see that.

Edited by Akaicb
spelling

1 minute ago, Akaicb said:

How do you go about checking if your cruise has a military discount now?  I remember there used to be a check boxed on the find a cruise filters, but I no longer see that.

Royal removed the ability to search for cruises that have certain discounts.  All you can do now is check the box and see if the price changes.

Not sure why the checkin agents at the pier would be interested in seeing proof of military service.  Cruise is paid for long before that.  With other lines you have to provide DD214 sometime during booking (Princess you fax it once for OBC and good forever).

35 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Royal removed the ability to search for cruises that have certain discounts.  All you can do now is check the box and see if the price changes.

Good to know, I was wondering how I could tell after going and clicking that area.  Sadly for the cruise i'm on next March there was no discount.

25 minutes ago, Akaicb said:

Good to know, I was wondering how I could tell after going and clicking that area.  Sadly for the cruise i'm on next March there was no discount.

There may be some travel agency websites that give the ability to search for various pricing programs.

22 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

And if you continue to the mock booking before paying...you will see the discounts applied.  Still have never seen the military discount show up.  Must be pretty rare.  

Edited by island lady

If you want a Military Discount, the best thing to do is call - However, I've been on 5 cruises, never was able to get any kind of military discount..  Weird..  I ask, they say "they don't have anything..."  It's all good tho..  But, for God sakes, don't bring your original DD-214 anywhere...  You should have many certified copies of both Copy 1 and 4....   Keep the originals in a safe place..

3 hours ago, ScottVV said:

If you want a Military Discount, the best thing to do is call - However, I've been on 5 cruises, never was able to get any kind of military discount..  Weird..  I ask, they say "they don't have anything..."  It's all good tho..  But, for God sakes, don't bring your original DD-214 anywhere...  You should have many certified copies of both Copy 1 and 4....   Keep the originals in a safe place..

Agree...the DH just carries his VA plastic card in his wallet (credit card size).  It's all he needs for proof... if and when ever asked.