Potential First Time Azamara Cruise-Looking @ 4nt Key West/Cuba Cruise. Few questions

Doc2725

Hi Everyone. This is my first post on this forum. I have been on many cruises, but this would be the first on Azamara. We are looking at the Azamara Journey, 4-Night Havana Weekend Voyage out of Miami in November 2019. The itinerary is a great, and it will be a nice quick get away for us to two great places. My question is mostly related to nightlife on board, and the demographics. We are in our early 30s, and while we like to party, we are not looking for something over the top. We like to sit and listen to music/drink after dinner, usually going to bed around midnight. Do you think the ship would be "dead" past 10:30? 

Hi Doc2725, welcome to the Azamara forum! And thank you for considering Azamara. The 4-Night cruise to Havana would be a great, albeit short, introduction to our style of cruising. 

On this cruise you’ll have two nights on board and, should you wish, two nights on the town in Havana. 

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/voyage/jr4cu007/4-night-havana-weekend-voyage

1 hour ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hi Doc2725, welcome to the Azamara forum! And thank you for considering Azamara. The 4-Night cruise to Havana would be a great, albeit short, introduction to our style of cruising. 

On this cruise you’ll have two nights on board and, should you wish, two nights on the town in Havana. 

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/voyage/jr4cu007/4-night-havana-weekend-voyage

Thanks, would love some input on the questions I asked too! 

The demographics changes from cruise to cruise, it’s hard to be 100% sure how that four night will shake out.  As a generalisation short round trips can be lively if groups of friends go onboard for a quick break.  

There is always a disco starting at 2230, how long it lasts depends on the level of participation of the guests.  It can go on quite late however if the next day is a port day with-tours going off around 8 there will only be a handful in the Living Room (disco) beyond 11.15. 

Although the average age on any Azamara cruise is likely to be higher than your age (say 50s/60s), there is usually a good range of ages. Many Azamara cruisers are very sociable, choosing the cruise line because it’s size makes it easier to meet and talk to other passengers.

As uktog says there is a disco every night and it can get very lively.

1 hour ago, Doc2725 said:

Thank you, all! I think we will give it a try! How do I get Azamara to match my Crown and Anchor level? I understand that this is something they will do. 

Yes, they will recognise your Crown & Anchor level so long as you are Platinum or above.  At the bottom of this page there is information about the reciprocal benefits  https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-programme/member-benefits

You need to tell Azamara or your Travel Agent when you book - give them your Crown & Anchor  membership number ID. Also once you have booked your cruise you could enrol into Le Club Voyage here https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/enrolment

23 hours ago, Doc2725 said:

Hi Everyone. This is my first post on this forum. I have been on many cruises, but this would be the first on Azamara. We are looking at the Azamara Journey, 4-Night Havana Weekend Voyage out of Miami in November 2019. The itinerary is a great, and it will be a nice quick get away for us to two great places. My question is mostly related to nightlife on board, and the demographics. We are in our early 30s, and while we like to party, we are not looking for something over the top. We like to sit and listen to music/drink after dinner, usually going to bed around midnight. Do you think the ship would be "dead" past 10:30? 

Hi Doc2725- Give it a shot, you won't regret it!  We are also younger than the "average" age on Azamara, but we always have a great time.  In our experience, the ship is not "dead", always something to do at least till midnight, and with the overnights why spend it on board when you can be out enjoying the local nightlife.  I do have to say that the service and attention to detail we experience on Azamara is second to none, and we have made lifetime friends on board (both our age and older).  BTW, that Havana itinerary sounds like a nice short getaway, we might just book it too since we live in Miami...We just booked the holiday cruise departing from Dubai on Dec 17, really looking forward to it.  Cheers!

On 4/15/2019 at 7:29 PM, BBMacLaird said:

We are booked on this cruise.  Looks like there is only one night in Havana.  We arrive at 8 am and leave the next day at 1 am followed by a sea day. I wish we had 2 nights in Havana!

Sad what going on with us being stopped to enjoy Cuba. Been four times and the night life is great. With the second night to 0100 you can be out to say midnight.

i never had a problem going out on my own in Cuba.