Pre-paid DSC by mistake. How can I get a refund?

suometar

So I got the e-mail from NCL about the increase in DSC and pre-paid it on the NCL site.

But I just looked at our reservation and see that pre-paid gratuities is one of the perks

from my TA. Is there a way I can get NCL to refund the money I paid? 

1 hour ago, spanishguy1970 said:

just call them, they should be able to refund you the money or tell your Travel agent to do it for you

My experience has been that NCL won't talk to me when I made a reservation through a TA.  Had to call the TA to resolve any issues. 

• Like 1

You will have to get your travel agent to do it if you booked through them. Cruise lines only want to deal with that person.

One of the first things I consider is the perks. Were you really not aware your gratuities were pre-paid?

8 hours ago, realnurse2 said:

You will have to get your travel agent to do it if you booked through them. Cruise lines only want to deal with that person.

One of the first things I consider is the perks. Were you really not aware your gratuities were pre-paid?

Dah... would she pay for something that she didn't have to??  When we went to Cuba last Oct we were not aware of the free gratuities until we were on board and we were surprised.  There was no statement on our booking information just on a card when we checked into our room !!!  We had a last minute "sale" cabin at a real low price...we didn't think we had any perks !

Sorry to bring up an age old argument but DSC isn't gratuities is it? Its a Service charge. I would have thought pre-paid gratuities would have been on the UBP and the SDP.

Previous posters have spent a lifetime picking up anybody who confused the two. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by BaWBarmy
incorrect smiley

12 hours ago, realnurse2 said:

I booked this cruise a while ago and had forgotten about the perks (they show up on the confirmation from my TA but not on myNCL page). I suppose I should have checked my confirmation prior to paying NCL but I didn't.

I will call my TA today and hopefully she can get the money refunded. Thanks for all your replies!