Allure May 2020 - to book or not to book?

Thinking of booking Allure out of Barcelona for May 2020, after she leaves dry dock, as a honeymoon cruise for our children and just read about the azipod issues she’s having and now we’re questioning the decision. Are the first cruises out of dry dock a good idea or does it just depend on what is being done? Thoughts?

I wouldn't want to book the first cruise out of dry dock because delays during the process might cancel your cruise, the rare damage to the ship will certainly cancel your cruise (a la Oasis), and in certain cases they will sail the ship but have contractors on board "finishing" the dry dock while it sails.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, firefox247 said:

I wouldn't want to book the first cruise out of dry dock because delays during the process might cancel your cruise, the rare damage to the ship will certainly cancel your cruise (a la Oasis), and in certain cases they will sail the ship but have contractors on board "finishing" the dry dock while it sails.

I agree, I'd skip the first couple of cruises out of dry dock.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, donandphy said:

Thinking of booking Allure out of Barcelona for May 2020, after she leaves dry dock, as a honeymoon cruise for our children and just read about the azipod issues she’s having and now we’re questioning the decision. Are the first cruises out of dry dock a good idea or does it just depend on what is being done? Thoughts?

The upside is that Barcelona would be a great place for a Honeymoon 

As long as you have a backup plan, do as you please.  I wouldn't recommend it as last minute changes to your itinerary can be expensive and stressful, especially if your family has wedding plans etc to deal with.  I speak from experience with the latest Navigator dry dock.  My cruise was cancelled 12 days out and actually 3 days before I was flying.  I was not celebrating a honeymoon or anything special.  It would have been much worse if it was a special occasion.  Also, it is a lot of work and organizing at the last minute.

• Like 1