Excursions Discounted?

rslrhu

Hopefully this helps someone else as well.  I've been watching pricing on the UK site for excursions on our cruise to the Canaries in October.  Looks like some (or all) have been reduced by about 20% today.  For example, the Loro Parque pricing was about £139 for three of us yesterday, and I just booked it for £104.  

Probably in line with Royal, there have been a number of discounted excursions in Feb, March & April. I know, as I have cancelled and rebooked twice, saving over £22 both times.My first booking had already been discounted in Feb, according to the screen shot that I took in January.

I just wonder if the excursions are not selling well, as ours cruise is also to the Canaries.

We mostly take private tours, but I like to compare private tours against the ship's excursions.  On our last cruise (Eclipse) I took advantage of the 20% off discount for excursions, found two that were close in price to private tours and purchased them.  One tour involved a long drive into the mountains of western Mexico, so missing the ship is more of a concern.  Both excursions were excellent.

I checked it out this morning. We are booked on a port intensive cruise in July. None of the 3 port excursions I had booked with Celebrity months ago (to use up our onboard credit) are in the listing for discounted excursions, so I can’t cancel and re-book. Hopefully that means they are full or confirmed to go and I won’t be scrambling to find something at the last minute. I’m glad I booked without waiting for a sale or we wouldn’t have gotten to do what appealed to us the most in each port. I’m also happy with the private excursions I’ve arranged/committed to in 4 ports, so there is really only one port we don’t have plans for—at least I can get 20% of one excursion if I do. I like arranging everything and paying in advance so I’m over the sticker shock by the time I’m on vacation and can just relax and enjoy with no worries about big bills at the end. Probably don’t get the BEST deals that way, but I got over that source of anxiety a long time ago when I lived in Korea and never got the BEST price no matter how hard I bargained.😂

2 minutes ago, Water babies said:

I checked it out this morning. We are booked on a port intensive cruise in July. None of the 3 port excursions I had booked with Celebrity months ago (to use up our onboard credit) are in the listing for discounted excursions, so I can’t cancel and re-book. Hopefully that means they are full or confirmed to go and I won’t be scrambling to find something at the last minute. I’m glad I booked without waiting for a sale or we wouldn’t have gotten to do what appealed to us the most in each port. I’m also happy with the private excursions I’ve arranged/committed to in 4 ports, so there is really only one port we don’t have plans for—at least I can get 20% of one excursion if I do. I like arranging everything and paying in advance so I’m over the sticker shock by the time I’m on vacation and can just relax and enjoy with no worries about big bills at the end. Probably don’t get the BEST deals that way, but I got over that source of anxiety a long time ago when I lived in Korea and never got the BEST price no matter how hard I bargained.😂

No, it’s always ‘selected tours and cruises’ on offer, so you need to check on each individual sailing to see if it even applies.

I just cancelled and rebooked an excursion for my October 2019 Equinox sailing, saving 20%.  The offer is available in my cruise planner, but it clearly states, "Offer applies to select sailings 5/1/19 - 10/31/19." 

Prices can vary depending on how well they're selling, I think.

We were looking at doing a 'Deadliest Catch' crab fishing tour in Alaska and the price was $199. This was the same as booking direct. However, it was offered at $169 for a while and I caught it on offer on day for $151, so I rushed a booking! The very next day, it was $189.

ETA: Just checked the Whale watching tour we were planning to book and it's increased in price by $15!

Edited by Guindalf