Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

Well Newcruiser, you just burst my bubble!  Knowing I won't be welcome in the Hideaway without serious coinage has me getting hotter under the collar.  How dare they charge money for that area?!  Never heard of such a thing on a ship before.  What other areas will they charge for onboard now?  Getting hotter by the minute!  Firstly, it cost a veritable fortune just to book this cruise and now you're telling me I don't get to avail myself of several venues onboard for that exalted price???  How can they sustain this policy?  Well we'll see in the upcoming days what occurs.  I may just challenge myself to see if we can do this cruise with NO Extra money changing hands.  I've done it before.  I may have to get obstinate!  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Well Newcruiser, you just burst my bubble!  Knowing I won't be welcome in the Hideaway without serious coinage has me getting hotter under the collar.  How dare they charge money for that area?!  Never heard of such a thing on a ship before.  What other areas will they charge for onboard now?  Getting hotter by the minute!  Firstly, it cost a veritable fortune just to book this cruise and now you're telling me I don't get to avail myself of several venues onboard for that exalted price???  How can they sustain this policy?  Well we'll see in the upcoming days what occurs.  I may just challenge myself to see if we can do this cruise with NO Extra money changing hands.  I've done it before.  I may have to get obstinate!  

RCCL has charged for day beds on other ships.  It's a day bed not the area.  So cool your jets.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I read this as sarcasm, so I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Lol. I honestly expected them to sell passes to this area in general, so charging for daybeds isn't a big deal to me. The $700 for a Casita was the biggest offender. 

Serious as a heart attack.  I went directly to my plan my cruise and it makes it appear as though no one has access to the pool itself unless you purchase this plan. I expected they'd have some sort of access system, but did not expect to be charged an exorbitant amount just to get in.  Sorry is this is not disappointing to some of you, but it is to me.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Newcruiser215 said:

I read this as sarcasm, so I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Lol. I honestly expected them to sell passes to this area in general, so charging for daybeds isn't a big deal to me. The $700 for a Casita was the biggest offender. 

Yes, they charge for Casitas on some ships, but the whole pool deck is available at your leisure.  @crewsweeper And I don't have any jets. Back off.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Yes, they charge for Casitas on some ships, but the whole pool deck is available at your leisure.  And I don't have any jets. Back off.

Yeah, I've seen Casitas available for rent on other cruises, just not at this price point. Royal was not lying when they said "most expensive cruise ship ever built". & I didn't mention anything about "jets". Wrong person. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I went directly to my plan my cruise and it makes it appear as though no one has access to the pool itself unless you purchase this plan. 

There is chairs in the pool as well, people will have access to the pool regardless if you have reserved a day bed.

As for the Casita, these apparently accommodate up the 8 people which includes welcome drinks for 8.  $700 is steep, $350 for port day split between 8 people isn't as egregious. I believe the Casita's on other ships that run for $200 is for 4 people max.

Edited by SUgwoz

13 minutes ago, SUgwoz said:

There is chairs in the pool as well, people will have access to the pool regardless if you have reserved a day bed.

As for the Casita, these apparently accommodate up the 8 people which includes welcome drinks for 8.  $700 is steep, $350 for port day split between 8 people isn't as egregious. I believe the Casita's on other ships that run for $200 is for 4 people max.

$700 for 8 people isn't bad, if you're splitting the cost. I'd be more willing to pay for a daybed, if there was some sort of shade. I'm not one to sit under the sun. 

47 minutes ago, Newcruiser215 said:

image.thumb.png.8adffe20f05134eaf322f1e51c3c51e2.png

$700 for a Casita is absurd. 

That's only $29.17 per hour.  If there are three people sharing it, it's less than $10 per hour per person!

You can also find a stranger who wants to join your family for $50 and you can see where I'm going with this.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, soremekun said:

That's only $29.17 per hour.  If there are three people sharing it, it's less than $10 per hour per person!

You can also find a stranger who wants to join your family for $50 and you can see where I'm going with this.

Since you put it that way....LOL

• Haha 1